Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a job as a SAP BASIS fresher?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's,

I'm Siva Siddhardh and I'm born and brought up in Chennai. I have completed my diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering at 2006. Once I've completed the diploma, I started my career in the BPO industry and I have 5+ years experience in that field.

Since, I needed a change, I did a lot of research and I found that I have a good career ahead of me in the SAP basis domain. I joined a institute and I did the BASIS course. I have a real-time experience with the SAP BASIS tools and t-codes.

However, I don't have the SAP certification. I'm trying to get in to the SAP basis field for the past 6 months and I have not received a single interview call. I also don't know how to reach a right contact for getting a job as a fresher in SAP BASIS.

Please let me know how to get a job as a BASIS fresher. Any help will be very much appreciated.

Regards

Siva

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your BPO experience will not help you in SAP field. Either you should have some exp in SAP or you should have some referals in companies to get a job.

Sometimes, companies conduct walk-ins for freshers. Give a try in that..

Regards

Suman

20 REPLIES 20

former_member182339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

First of all congratulation and welcome to SCN. Good thing is you learned and real time working experience in SAP Basis. SAP Basis is very challenging and sometimes very demanding as well.

You must be ready to put a lot of effort and dedication towards this career. Keep learning and interact with experts in SCN Basis forum here. You will learn lot of new things and moreover real time issues and their solution.

Dont loose hope sometimes its tough to get interview calls keep updating your resume and make good contact with Recruiters. Be focused and sharpen your skill while waiting for interview calls.

Wish you good luck and i hope you get a interview call soon.

Best regards

Hrusikesh

0 Kudos

Thank you, Mr. Dalai.

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your BPO experience will not help you in SAP field. Either you should have some exp in SAP or you should have some referals in companies to get a job.

Sometimes, companies conduct walk-ins for freshers. Give a try in that..

Regards

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

It is absolutely fine to follow your dream but certain things should be kept in mind before taking any step. You being a fresher in SAP limits you from applying for jobs which require experience but there are companies that also recruit freshers to join their SAP Basis teams as experienced candidates are expensive and not easy to find good ones. You should make good network with people who are working in Basis domain via LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter. SCN is the best place to network and follow people who respond to many queries posted by many, keep reading and following good posts, articles, and blogs in SCN. A few job sites (naukri.com, recruit.net, monster.com) are good to visit almost every alternative day for jobs and see if you can talk to consultants who are looking for Basis professionals. Unfortunately, your BPO experience will not be counted towards Basis but it will be helpful to you because you would have good communication skills, you know the importance and business need of getting things done on time, making sure all activities are done on time as documented etc.

Good Luck.

Nagarajan Viswanathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your suggestions.. They were helpful..

Do any of you experts have any information regarding any reference or a consultancy who hire SAP BASIS freshers?

0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Search in job portals like (www.recruit.net, naukri.com, jobsahead.com, monster.com etc).

Something to explore:

- http://jobsearch.naukri.com/job-listings-Junior-SAP-Basis-BI-ABAP-Consultant-Entry-Level-jobs-Career...

- http://jobsearch.naukri.com/job-listings-Sap-Fresher-0-to-2-Experience-Consultant-super-power-end-Us...

Cheers,

Nagarajan

0 Kudos

Thank U 🙂

0 Kudos

Your welcome Siva.

If you don't have any more questions then pls rate the responses and close the post.

Good Luck with job search.

Nagarajan

0 Kudos

Thank you..

I have one last question.

In chennai, one company is conducting a two months internship program for SAP. Its an online program and is based on a real time live project in which I will go through a full cycle implementation.

They will provide me the experience letters, pay slips and the internship certification upon completion.

This is a self financed program and I have to pay for this.

Will my chances to get a job will be better by participating in such internship program?

0 Kudos

I don't know about such companies Siva. This sounds like a company that is making money by giving such courses and experience letters, salary slips etc. I personally feel this is not something that I would suggest to anyone or would try ever. It may be useful but I feel it is something that is not right. When anyone would interview you then they would see this as some kind of a training company that takes money and gives some exposure. A two month experience letter and salary slip will always create doubts in everyone's mind.

Try contacting those people who took this step and see what is their experience and their opinion about this.

0 Kudos

My advice is not to join such internship program,

• firstly , have you updated your resume in specific to SAP basis. check in Internet for a sample resumes and modify according to your experience.
  • Secondly , add a heading called SAP Basis skills in resume, mention whatever you have learnt.
  • thirdly, you have good opportunity for basis consultant, post your resume in the job portal and also look for small companies initially.
  • fourthly , hope and confidence is very important.

All the best,

Thanks

Sudhir Krishna Kumar Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear siva ,

Did u got job ?

I'm also searching job for SAP basis past 6months. i'm also diploma holder who havin 3 yrs BPO exp.

0 Kudos

Dear Kaviraja,

I haven't got a job yet. In fact I quit searching for the Basis consultant job. The companies are just hiring the fresher's and train them.. No company is hiring people who have BPO experience and completed the BASIS course.

After one year, I came to a conclusion that I will not get a job in the SAP domain and I've started job hunting in BPO field again.

If u have the SAP certification some companies might consider you. But it is also a 10 % chance.

All the best

Regards

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Which  institute did you do the BASIS course. that is institute is good for for beginners in Sap basis.

Please reply me.

Thanks 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am Charandeep.M born and bought up in Anantapur
I have completed B.Tech  and  i have knowledge in SAP ERP 6.0 BASIS ADMINISTRATION.

However, I don't have the SAP certification. I'm trying to get in to the SAP basis field for the past 6 months and I have not received a single interview call. I also don't know how to reach a right contact for getting a job as a fresher in SAP BASIS.

Please let me know how to get a job as a BASIS fresher.

Thanks & regards

Charandeep.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

You might find some helpful information in the following blogs:

SAP Career Blog Links

Advice for Recent College Graduates (aka "Freshers")

FAQ: How do I get my first SAP job?

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

--Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member183707
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

people get into in sap field like they recruited through campus(college campus/off-)randomly any domain , in that some people will get SAP BASIS, ABAP, MM, SD some get java,dotnet,......unix...etc.

It's not any rapid science that how to get job in SAP by hardwork and all.

some training institute will give job, they r so costly even middle class people cant afford.

so don't keep in mind only I will work only in SAP, many domain are really good to make your carrier.

so all the best for your carrier..!!

Regards,

Nilesh

0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

I am a fresher and I was fallen randomly to SAP BASIS ,Could you please share me the future of SAP BASIS.

And what steps needs to be taken to reach certain skilled people are right now. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

I AM fresher SAP Basic Please help about sap basic notes  & Ref Book

Kamlesh