Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to start a career in sap as a fresher from ECE background

Former Member
0 Kudos

i hav done my ECE in 2013. now i would like to enter into sap. i request u to say some suggestions regarding how to start my career in this field as a fresher and how will b the scope after the completion of training in sap???

13 REPLIES 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthaiya,

It's not easy to get a job for a fresher but one shouldn't get discouraged by thinking negatively. First you should decide which module you wan to learn and work in SAP then take training from SAP and get certified as certification will attract recruiters and adds value to your profile.

Training from SAP Labs/other partners will be expensive compared to private/training institutes teaching SAP but it is a source for those who can't afford high training fees. The upside from taking training from SAP labs/partners is that you can attempt the certification after the training, but the same is not possible if you take training from training institutes.

There are many blogs posted by professionals that talks about how to search for a job after training and for freshers, keep reading posts and suggestions at SCN and make good network with recruiters and professionals via LinkedIn and other sources.

Good Luck.

Nagarajan Viswanathan

0 Kudos

which is the best place to get sap abap fresher job.

I plan to shift to Bangalore .Is it a right decision.

0 Kudos

Hi Avi,

I wouldn't name a particular location as best for job opportunities but if you get a job offer then considering your situation you should take a decision. Since SAP products are used for business by many companies so you should search for companies that are in need of people who are trained and is ready to give jobs to freshers and move on. If your job search points out a location which is showing interest in giving opportunities to freshers and recruiters are posting jobs then you may consider moving to that place.

Most importantly you should do job search almost daily and update your resume in the best way you can and make good contacts with recruiters and people who can refer you to their companies, a nice way would be to contact recruiters via LinkedIn and other sources.

Best of Luck.

Nagarajan Viswanathan

0 Kudos

hi sir, thanks for ur response...

i cant decide the module sir bcoz i went and enquired abt the modules offered to the freshers.. i hav step in into 4 institutes, among that 2 institutes suggested abap, 1 suggested abap+bi, and the last suggested sap retail..... i dont no which one to choose,,, one of the institute which suggested sap retail said tat they will give job assurance, but the other 3 institutes are not suggesting functional modules for freshers,,,, am in big dilemma,,,

0 Kudos

Accentere fresher req is there in Hyderabad i think its contarct base just check in sites .

Regards

Mahesh

0 Kudos

Hi Muthaiya,

The institutes which are suggesting technical modules to you is due to your qualification. I believe you have had a look/check on the different modules available in SAP, now you have to pick the one that you like and feel you would like to pursue.

I have heard that some people moved from technical module to functional after some experience so you too may consider that approach.

Regarding Job Assurance, many institutes may say so but you should find how many people got opportunities from that institutes, people claim many things but reality is different.

Always remember if a module is easy to learn then you will find many competitors .

Nagarajan Viswanathan

0 Kudos

Hi,

As you have done Electrical and Computer Engineering try to get a job as a fresher in a organization where SAP is already implemented.  Try to learn business and how it is implemented into SAP.

Without domain knowledge it is not advisable to go with functional SAP module. You can learn ABAP +BI.

Many IT company also hiring freshers. Try to get a job and then decide sap module.

Thanks,

Biplob

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member9607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Muthaiya,

I would suggest you to go for training on Core ABAP. After that try to get placed in MNC companies and take advantage of your training. You can also go to any Consultancy firm which provides placement on SAP.

Regards,

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

sir without certification in sap whether there is any chance of getting job as a fresher??

0 Kudos

Hi Muthaiya,

Company hiring fresher without certification also. There is no job guarantee after doing certification. If you are interested to technical side you can learn ABAP + BI and search job.

Thanks,

Biplob

0 Kudos

sir wat abt sap-basis?? whether fresher can take this along with abap

0 Kudos

Dear Muthaiya,

First concentrate on one module either ABAP or BI or Basis etc.,

After getting a job then you can develop multi skills by learning other modules.

One Module you should be perfect to clear the interview.

If you are good in Programming then go for ABAP and if you are good in Administration then go for Basis.

All the Best.

Regards

Shaik