cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Central Managment Server , BOE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the name(CMS) implies Crystal Reports Server.

Or there is a difference b/w the 2.

I read :

The BusinessObjects Enterprise Repository is contained in the Central Management Server (CMS) of BusinessObjects Enterprise.

What is this BOE ?

The repository is also used be Crystal reports to store supported CR object types, including text objects, bitmaps, custom functions etc...

When i publish reports via publishing wizard to a folder meant for a specific user(within CMC), is the store location here is a part of the same repository.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The Central Configuration Manager (CCM) is a Windows-based tool installed on the BusinessObjects Enterprise server by default and each CCM have one

Central Management Repository: it is the backbone of BO. it is nothing but a database of BO. all objects stored here. If you want to store the reports or any data related to BO you have to mention repository system and port, username & password, method of authentication.

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have read in many documents :

the line whichgoes as

".......you are logged on to BusinessObjects Enterprise....."

In previous replies, Henry said:

"Crystal Reports Server"  can be understood as being a subset of "Business Objects Enterprise

With regard to my scenario

Most probably BusinessObjects Enterprise refers to Crystal Reports Server here or is something else?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Farhan,

I have tried to answer the below queries you have:

- What is this BOE ?

BOE is Business Objects Enterprise server and CMS is Central Management Server which is the main server which is connected to BOE system database and which is responsible to process all the requests on BOE. CRS is Crystal Report Server which is similar to BOE and have same CMS (Crystal Management Server) which is connected to the CRS system database.

- When i publish reports via publishing wizard to a folder meant for a specific user(within CMC), is the store location here is a part of the same repository.

Yes, the LOCATION of the published reports is part of the same BO system database repository and the actual reports are stored in Input Folder which is taken care by IRFS(Input File Repository Server).

Note: All the reports are physically stored in Input folder and the report instances are stored in Output folder.

Please revert back for any doubts or any more queries on this...

Thanks,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used the publishing wizard feature to save my reports to the BOE repository.

I learnt that I can do the same via CR designer

Now Consider the screenshot :

When i clicked on enterprise, a dialog box appears (in fig.)

System Name is the name of the CR server

Username shown is the name of my m/c(it apperas by default)

I specified the CR server password in password text box

it is unable to connect.

What should I do next?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Farhan,

Use the I.P address of the machine where CMS (Central management Server) is hosted instead of using the server name and check if you are able to connect.

Regards,

Anchal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Farhaan,

First of all username should not be of your machine name as you had mentioned, it should be the BOE or CRS user. Please also try with Adminitrator (BOE or CRS user and not the machine Admin user) user and password if feasible.

Please also check if the BOE or CRS server is up and running.

Also as Anchal has mentioned please try with the IP address and port number instead of System name.

This would surely narrow down the issue, please share the feedback...

Thanks,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh yes...achievable

Well Thanks all of you for the time you guys have spared to answer my question.

Kindly reply to this too..

I have read in many documents :

the line whichgoes as

".......you are logged on to BusinessObjects Enterprise....."

In previous replies, Henry said:

"Crystal Reports Server"  can be understood as being a subset of "Business Objects Enterprise

With regard to my scenario

Most probably BusinessObjects Enterprise refers to Crystal Reports Server here or is something else?

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes, re-confirmed, affirmative!

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"Crystal Reports Server"  can be understood as being a subset of "Business Objects Enterprise" - it's basically the same framework but pcakages a smaller number of products (i.e. no WebI), has a different licensing model, and is typically intended for Small to Medium enterprises.

all the CMC, CMS concepts are identical. as are webi tier and processing tiers.

regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, thanks for the time which you spared to answer the above question.

One more thing...

Is the RUSSELL2.RD.CRYSTAL.NET[Administra...

here in the figure

referring to the same repository, I are talking about.

Kind regards,

AnsariMuhammadFarhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can publish the CR reports to repository in 2 ways.

1) use publication wizard to publish your crystal report.

2) from CR designer to save to enterprise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ansari,

could you please elaborate your question I couldn't understand.

Regards,

Suresh