cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Debug a activated Procedure in HANA XS environment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created a Project and I am trying to debug a stored procedure which I have activated in HANA XS Environment. When I  contacted my admin team and informed about the authorization issues, they responded by saying the corresponding packages were given full access to debug for my user id.

Attached is my screenshot of the error message.

How do I check from my side whether necessary debug privileges were given to my user id by looking at Security-->Users-->MyUserID.?

Admin team (for prerequisites alone) and myself are following the steps listed in  SAP HANA Developer Guide SPS6 Version 1.1 dated 17-Jul-2013 (6.3 Debugging Procedures).

Could anybody please give some idea or steps to performed to give debug access to user,project or package. Whichever hierarchy to be followed?

Thanks,

Vinoth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

1. Go to the Navigator view in the SAP HANA Development perspective and

choose Security > Users.

2. Double-click your user ID. Your system privilege information appears.

Choose the SQL Privileges tab.

3. Select the _SYS_BIC schema and select all of the privileges.

4. Select the DEBUG (SYS) procedure and select the EXECUTE privilege.

5. Choose the Deploy button (F8).

Cheers,

Rich

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rich for listing the steps.

I requested our Admin to assign privileges to above mentioned schema. After these prerequisites steps I tried to debug a store procedure I am getting various errors.

Error Log:

1.An exception occurred during breakpoint change notification.

2.Both 'com.sap.ndb.studio.repository.model.resource' and 'com.sap.ndb.studio.rules.ecoremodel' register an extension parser for 'resource'

3.Get Debug Procedure In Parameters failed to connect to repository

4.NLS missing message: BIMC_QUERY_XMSG in: com.sap.ndb.studio.modeler.i18n.messages

5.NLS missing message: (various descriptions which couldn't list all of them)

6.Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.debug.core".

Kindly let me know if there is any procedure to fix these errors.  And I am  not able debug  using F11 and navigate the store procedure.

Thanks,

Vinoth

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Not sure what those errors are. Make sure that your studio/client is at least the same revision level as your server. Currently the debugger only supports stopping at breakpoints.  So if you want to stop at a certain statement you need to put a breakpoint on it, there is no step execution currently.

Cheers,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rich...

Answers (0)