cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cognos report using SAP BW 7.3 Query - Error in BW Hierarchy Drilldown - BAPI_MDPROVIDER_GET_MEMBERS - Error BAP-ERR-0002

0 Kudos

Hi,

We have several Cognos reports that use BW 7.3 Queries as the Datasource. We have been getting errors when we expand the Members in the Hierarchy from BW. It was working in BW 7.0. The error message is "Querying the SAP BW cube's failed. SAP Error code: BAP-ERR-0002 A BAPI error has occured in the function module BAPI_MDPROVIDER_GET_MEMBERS. System error in program CL_RSR_HIERARCHY and form _MEMBERS_TO_ROWSET-02-".

Please provide your input in resolving this error. I have already checked http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1PM71463 and is not related to our issue.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MGrob
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

There is a lot of notes regarding MDX and hierarchy related to BW. We had the same issue in 7.31. I don't remember which one it fixed it but might be this one

1877261 - MDX: Termination, hierarchy node with value 'not assigned'

Otherwise check OSS for which of these are relevant for you

hope it helps

Martin

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Hi All,

Thanks for the response.

Martin: We found another OSS note Note 1801152 - MDX: GetMembers - Missing data in characteristics hierarchy which we plan on testing in DEV.

Thanks,

Gopal

MGrob
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yeah I do remember that one as well. We had to implement a couple of these notes until we fixed all hierarchy issues loading data to cognos but depends on what supportstack you are already on..

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If its not connection error try below case.

Check if your data has any values not part in data and hierarchy display returns any unassigned values.

There is a setting in hierarchy attributes to Suppress Unassigned Node. Try that one if it resolves the issue.

Regards,

Anil

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is clear that the connectivity between BW and COGNOS is not ok. Please investigate on that aspect with the help of BASIS.

You may restart COGNOS application and give a try again..

Regards,

Suman