cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Determination at Production Order via Rem Shelf Life

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I need to setup a batch determination for components.  Its simple requirement is via Remaining Shelf Life.

Ex.  Via Batch Strategy, Component A should select batch whose Rem Shelf Life is > 90 days.

I have created a Batch Class for COB1 (ZRSL) with Characteristic:

LOBM_VFDAT (Expiration Date Shelf Life - SLED)

LOBM_RLZ (Rem Shelf Life)

Component A's batch class is ZCLASS_001 with Characteristic:

LOBM_VFDAT (Expiration Date Shelf Life - SLED)

Now I have these available batches of Component A

Batch 1: Expiry = 31/12/2014

Batch 2: Expiry = 15/09/2013

From these 2 batches, only Batch 1 is valid since its RSL is greater than 90 days. 

But during Batch Det in Prod Order, it still identifies the 2 batches as Valid for selection.

Am I missing a characteristic here?  Basically, during Batch Determination, I want RSL to be computed from the date when Batch Determination is executed (ex. Current day).

Thanks in advance folks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dejoy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Manoj,

Please check this blog  http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/manufacturing-pp/blog/2013/08/30/considering-component-shelf-life-i... Check and revert if any issues.

Regards,

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Kindly go to the following steps

1.       Create a class with different name CLASS_RM & assign characteristics LOBM_VFDAT (Expiration date, shelf life) & assign in the material master classification tab.

2.       Create Class with name CLASS_SEARCH & assign characteristics LOBM-VFDAT (Expiration date, shelf life), LOBM-LFDAT (Batch Determin. Delivery Date) & LOBM_RLZ(Remaining Shelf Life)

3.       Create search strategy by CU70 ( SORT_EXPIRATION)

4.       Assign this search strategy in COB1 & Assign the class in the COB1 as created in step no 2 (CLASS_SEARCH) in selection criteria and also maintain & LOBM_RLZ >90 days in COB1 in the selection criteria.

*Make sure all the master data related to Bath management must be maintained in the material master.

I hope your requirements will fulfill.

Regards,

Vijay Kumar Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's exactly how i maintained it.  Still not working in PRoduction Orders.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijay indicated characteristic LOBM_LFDAT in his reply.  Did you maintain that characteristic in your search class?  You never mentioned that value anywhere.

Have you looked at analysis screen to see what values it is using when you create the order?

FF

zgius16
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you assigned Search Procedure in the process order type? TC: CORC?

Regards

Giu

former_member184752
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Please add both the char LOBM_VFDAT & LOBM_RLZ in the Batch Search strategy ,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have specified above those characteristics.  It

is already included.

former_member207541
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

it can be that going through this document will help you find the missing part:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0caed4a-40f9-2c10-349a-96ec617a8...

Regards,

H.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Covlescu, of course i did my research first before posting my query here.  I have that document since way back and that is a batch determination for Sales Order.