Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab handling in SAP Screen Personas

manukapur
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is there a document or note for Tab Handling in SAP Screen Persons for create transactions with mandatory fields?

I added certain fields from using the Tab Merging feature and am not able to see the fields on the Personas screen thereafter.

Please advice.

Regards,

Manu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

Pls check tab caching. Did you check the "Tab caching" for all tabs including the invisible ones? After merging, if the tab caching is not enabled, you cannot see the moved controls.

Good luck,

Dong

mads_paarup2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have the same problem, only in MM01, where I try to only hide unused fields..

I made the corrections as indicated in note 1999747 above, but the problem is still there.

Did anybody find a solutioin to this issue?

BRGS,

Mads

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mads,

Did you recreate the flavor after making corrections as per note 1999747? Because these changes will only be picked up on new flavor edits.

Thanks

Chinthan

TobiasQueck
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

Could you please describe step by step what you did (and in which transaction)?

Cheers,
Tobias.

manukapur
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

I am trying to merge the tabs on the Create PO Transaction i.e. ME21N.

I created an initial cockpit screen which contains Purchasing Group, Purch Org, Plant etc. Users can change it. These are stored in system parameters and are pre filled when the PO Transaction gets called.

I tried merging the tabs for Delivery/Invoice, Conditions, texts, Address, Org Data, from the PO Header and Account assignment, Delivery Address, Invoice from the Item Detail section.

I prefilled all the mandatory fields on the screen including those on the tabs, then enabled tab caching.

The green icon appeared on each of the tab sets which ensures tab caching.

When I open my flavor now , I don't see the tab fields. The group boxes in which I dragged the fields are blank.

If I enter an existing PO number in the PO Number field, some of them appear.

Please let me know if I am missing any steps.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Manu

TobiasQueck
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

The fields are only available if you are able to see them in "Basic View' at this point in time. That means if you have pre-conditions before you are allowed to switch the tab, then these are also conditions for getting the fields in a cached tab container.

Cheers,
Tobias.

manukapur
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for the reply.

I pre filled all the mandatory fields before switching tabs. When I open up my flavour, I can't see  those only the fields from the tabs. Is there any standard steps which I should follow.?

Regards,
Manu

erin_mogg
Participant
0 Kudos

We're also experiencing this same issue when merging tabs on XD01 (Create Customer).  Since there are required fields that must be filled out prior to switching tabs, the fields from the next tab which were merged onto this tab don't display until the required fields are populated.

Is there any workaround/resolution that would allow the user to see these fields before populating the required fields?

manukapur
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Erin,

Try following the steps in SAP Note 1999747. This might help you.

Regards,

Manu