Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

group material at plant level

former_member223894
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need to group materials at plant level but the field "material group" does not work for my scenario because it is at material level, so i need to know what option i have to group material by this way and then be able to list them in a inventory tcode like mb52.

Example.

I have the material "engine" and i need to group it by the location in plant it is used like "feeder" and additional it belong to the "mill" so there are two groupers.

Thanks a lot,

Jorge G

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I understand you correct, then you are just looking for a spare field to enter an extra  material group at plant level.

And further you would like to have this field in the selection of MB52. Or at least being able to search based on this new field to get all those materials in that group as a selection for MB52 execution.

did I get this right?

former_member223894
Participant
0 Kudos

You've got it right Jurgen.

I'll wait for your reply.

Thanks

Jorge G

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have certainly not a ready-made-solution for you.

As I think this requirement is more information and organisation based I dont think that split valuation would be a considerable solution. It would anyway not be easy to implement it for materials that are already in use.

The storage location could be straight forward solution, but I assume you have much more groupings than just feeder and mill. And it would not make much sense to have material stored in 2 or more different logical locations if they are physical sit next to each other in the same space.

what else could be used? eventually the MRP controller?

I am not aware of any spare field which is free to be used from the customers. All fields have some sense, and if you just take one which has no sense for you today, then you may restrict yourself if someday in future you have to used for its real purpose.

What else? An append structure with your own Z-fields to MARC. This requires some effort for the material master and the field is still not available for MB52. so you would need to modify MB52 too.

Classification - is in general at client level - but it could offer some tricks

you could use a class, for example call it Plantmatgroup.

the characteristics to this class would be a concatenated value from plant and group. e.g. 0001MILL 0002FEEDER this could potentially end in many characteristics. the value in the characteristic could just be an indicator for active inactive.

the advantage of classification is that it is SAP standard and no modification required

and it is automatically included in the material number F4 search help.

In MB52 you could then just click the multiple selection  button for material number, then again multiple selection and then you search for materials based on the classification.

You then select all and copy it over into the selection and execute the selection.

the result has all stocks of this selected materials. Only shortfall is that the group itself is not visible in the MB52 report.

You have to evaluate yourself what is best for you or at least less difficult to achieve

former_member223894
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your clear answer,

Use the classification view is the best option I think because there are standar tcodes like mmcl that can provide inventory list  from characteristics  "groupers" like I need, but unfortunately this is at material level and my business scenario has the same material code in different plants with different grouper, so it would not work for me. I think I will go deeper with my Abap team for the option you mentioned about " An append structure with your own Z-fields to MARC." or finally sacrifice some fields that are empty with low potential to be used in material master  and build a zmb52 that track inventory from them.

Thanks a lot

Jorge G

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I tried to explain how to setup class and characteristic  to make it work for you, even it is a client level.

By the way, it takes not much to even classify at MARC level and with some coding you can make it visible in the plant views.

former_member223894
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes you are right, I think missed the part when you said "concatenated plant"

So if i have the material in two plants I will have two Characteristics concatenated with plant level and main grouper and the values would be the secundary groupers, I can implement  this option.

I'll talk to my team about the classification at Marc level too.

Thanks a lot

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create two Lab/Office in t.code:OMS5 as folowing:
(1) feeder
and
(2) mill.

Now as needed by you, create material master and enter Lab/Office in Basic data-1 view.

You can get report for material with Lab/Office in t.code:IH09.

Regards,

Biju K

former_member223894
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bijay,

Thanks for your reply I did the steps you mentioned but unfortunately this fields are at material level not at plant level, and I the tcode IH09 is for visualize material master not inventory.

Thanks a lot

Jorge G

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

An option provided and based on business requirement - you can go for it!

OR

To differentiate material in  feeder and  mill, you can go for creation of storage location for feeder as ZFED and mill as ZMIL in a Plant

OR

Go for  Batch Management or Split Valuation.

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your requirement you can make separate material type and extend materials  to that plant only ,whom you want to grouped.

or you can use some field as a location that you are not using in material master and grouped your material as plant level .

thanks

Abhishek Tiwari

former_member223894
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I have the material valuated at plant level, and I have some fields in material master availables to use for my requirement, but those fields are not in inventory tcodes.

Thanks

Jorge G

former_member182489
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Material is valuated at plant level.

Now is your requirement to track material at feeder , mill and available in stock report . The material need to be valuated at these level. for example 50 stock at feeder and 132 stock at mill  . I recommend to use  Valuation type .

reg

manu