cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue After EHP6 Upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Recently, we had EHP6 upgrade. Since the next day, the data loads have been failing for the targets "0PM_C03 & 0PM_C04" ---> which
are extracting data from 2LIS_17_I3HDR & 2LIS_17_I3OPER respectively. Then we checked and found that the loads are failing due to Inactive Transfer Rules.

Later, we activated Transfer Rules in the BW Development and moved to Prodcution system, that transport got failed with RC8 error message.

Below are the error messages:

Field GETRI will not be delivered from DataSource 2LIS_17_I3HDR in source system RP2XXXXX

Field GLTRP will not be delivered from DataSource 2LIS_17_I3HDR in source system RP2XXXXX

Field GLTRS will not be delivered from DataSource 2LIS_17_I3HDR in source system RP2XXXXX

Field GSTRI will not be delivered from DataSource 2LIS_17_I3HDR in source system RP2XXXXX

Field GSTRP will not be delivered from DataSource 2LIS_17_I3HDR in source system RP2XXXXX

Field GSTRS will not be delivered from DataSource 2LIS_17_I3HDR in source system RP2XXXXX

Field PLKNZ will not be delivered from DataSource 2LIS_17_I3HDR in source system RP2XXXXX

Field VAPLZ will not be delivered from DataSource 2LIS_17_I3HDR in source system RP2XXXXX

Then we checked those above fields in the ECC Production system @ RSA6 transaction, all the above mentioned fields are not available in the RSA6, then I checked in the LBWE, but here all the fields are available.. Here the strange is the above mentioned fields are available in LBWE where as the same fields are not not available in RSA6.

Please share your ideas on this if you ever come across these kind of issues.

Please find below no of records across BW and ECC landscapes.

2LIS_17_I3HDR
Development
BW DevelopmentECC DevelopmentECC DevelopmentECC Development
No of fields - RSA1No of fields -
  LBWE (Maintain Extract Structure)
No Of Fileds -
  LBWE (Maintain Data Source)
No Of fields - (RSA6)
Production
BW ProductionECC ProductionECC ProductionECC Production
No of fields - RSA1No of fields -
  LBWE (Maintain Extract Structure)
No Of Fileds -
  LBWE (Maintain Data Source)
No Of fields - (RSA6)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

This is to keep this Thread alive.. We got the reply from SAP..I will share you the details ASAP.

We are working in demo system on the same.. Thanks..

Regards,

Venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Here is the Sollution. Please find the brief SAP reply on this. Thanks for all your helpful answers.

After executing the below given program, all the fields are available in the data source.

SAP has replied on this as below:

Those missing fields from the extract structure are as described in the Note 1810357

1810357 2LIS_17_I3HDR: Fields are missing after upgrade to EHP6

It means that during the upgrade process XPRA did not run successfully, otherwise these fields would not now be missing.

So questions for your upgrade team

- did they check the log(s) after the upgrade ?

- were the usual upgrade preconditions fulfilled before it started?

In other words, extraction queues must be empty and setup tables must also be empty ... in all clients.

To make all missing fields available in extract structure MC17I30HDR again, report RMCSBWXP_COM must be executed manually.

Because the XPRA run leads to changes in DDIC, the entries for V3 updates, extraction queues & reconstruction tables (setup tables) must either be processed or deleted.

Because you get an error message by uploading the data to BW due to missing fields, a deletion is the only way.

That means, the deltas collected in those queues in the meantime will belost and a complete re-build for all data selected data by DataSource 2LIS_17_I3HDR is required.

So please proceed as follows:

a.) delete the extraction queues via LBWQ (MCEX17 and MCEX17_1) and via tcode RSA7 (DataSource 2LIS_17_I3HDR).

b.) delete all entries from 'Orders' setup tables application 17 via tcode LBWG.

c.) run report RMCSBWXP_COM to add the missing fields to extract structure MC17I30HDR of DataSource 2LIS_17_I3HDR

-> please have a look on Note 640066 for more details.

d.) run report Z_MC17I30HDR_ROOSFIELD_1810357 from Note 1810357 to make the fields visible in the source and in the related BW system.

e.) run tcode OLIIBW to fill the setup tables for orders.

f.) replicate DataSource 2LIS_17_I3HDR from the BW system.

g.) create InfoPackage in BW system to upload data from 2LIS_17_I3HDR.

Please note, that the execution of points a.) to e.) must be executed ina posting free period to ensure consistent data.

These same steps have solved the same issue for another customer.
So please run them by your Basis, Upgrades & BW colleagues.

Best Regards,

Venu Gopal

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks venu for sharing the solution----Will be really helpful.

Regards,

AL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Welcome Anshu.. Thanks.

Regards,

Venu

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sap Note: 1810357 - 2LIS_17_I3HDR: Fields are missing after upgrade to EHP6

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you do a quick check in ECC system ..

Go to table ROOSFIELD--GIve the datasource name in oltpsource field then execute..

Check In selection column what value is set for all those fields which is giving error while transport.

Regards,

AL

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this document for more information regarding the program which helps in unhiding those fields.

http://scn.sap.com/community/data-warehousing/netweaver-bw/blog/2012/08/09/adding-the-sap-bw-hidden-...

Regards,

AL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ramanjaneyulu & Anshu,

I Will work out on your above suggestions today or tomorrow and I will surely share the results.

Thanks,

Venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshu / Ramanjaneyulu,

Yesterday, we have created above given program to change the status to P or SPACE to get the hidden fields. But, in the table itself, before changing the status those fields are having the status with P or SPACE. So, we couldnt tried that option.

Also, we have tried another way also, from LBWE we made the extracture inactive and then maintained extract structure and done maintain data source, even after this also we couldnt see those hidden fields.

So, none of the options worked.

Now, we want to move the hidden fields from extract structure to communication structure and vice versa, I want to do and check and do let us know the results.

Thanks,

Venu

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

At table ROOSFIELD,  enter data source name and keep SELECTION as "A". execute the it check the out put.  if you won't get list mean no fields are hidden.

again check the table contents, remove SELECTION "A" and just enter data source name and display table out put.

What ever the field are in that table those fields will be visible at RSA6(other than Hidden fields).

if not showing like that, if you see fields at LBWE, maintenance , Right side pane Communication str.

Move them to left.

Even if not seen what you need, then deactivate data source. again activate data source from RSA5 and do as you done at first time. do this on dev system only.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Ramanjaneyulu,

I am going to test on that way (the way you suggested above), I will let you know once it is done. Thanks.

Regards,

Venu

kr_pavankumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

Go thru the below links:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1209178

http://scn.sap.com/thread/845002

Also check the extract structure MC17I30HDR in LBWE and in SE11 as well.

In SE11, If the fields are missing in the structure then Check with guys who performed SPDD and SPAU after upgrade or talk to your Basis guys regarding the same.

Hope it helps!!

-- KRPK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramanjaneyulu,

As you mentioned, we have created a program to change the status of SELECTION field from "A" to P or SPACE. But when we went to the table, there I found the status for all the missing fields as P. So, It means it is not hidden by SAP, thats why we couldnt changed the status here for those fields.

But, as a next action, we made data source Inactive from LBWE and maintained extract structure and maintained data source after this we activated the data source. Later we checked in the RSA6 but this time also we couldnt find the fields.

But, here the thing is, after doing the activation (as mentioned above) in LBWE, later even we couldnt find these fields at ROOSFIELDS table (as i mentioned above, earlier we able to see here with status P).

Now, One more point here is, as you requested us above to move the problematic fields from Left to Right (Extract Structure to Communication Structure and Vice Versa) to check, but here the problem is those fields are by default SAP has given in the extract structure itself (left side), so these fields, we cannot move from Extract Structure to Communication Structure, so here your suggestion cannot work. So please let me know, any other options are available.

Thanks,

Venu

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

I said you can move right to left. not left to right. at left side which are in blue color, not changeable.

You juse need to play with all above options once again. other wise check at SAP market place. might due to upgrade there might be probles. Check for problem EHP67 upgrade related data source issues.

If fields are not visible at RSA6,

You need to check at table ecc side Table - ROOSFIELD, Field SELECTION if any field have as'A" its hidden ot not, then no problem.

If you see unavailable fields at LBWE, Maintenance, right side(Comm str)--> move them to left and save the changes. click on data source and do selection/hide/. activate data source. later you can check at RSA6.

Even though not visible, raise to SAP.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ramanjaneyulu for your Prompt reply.  Please find my below comments.

If fields are not visible at RSA6,

You need to check at table ecc side Table - ROOSFIELD, Field SELECTION if any field have as'A" its hidden ot not, then no problem.

We have checked in this table (With Selection A and Without Selection as well), but we couldnt find the fields (which are hidden at RSA6) here.

If you see unavailable fields at LBWE, Maintenance, right side(Comm str)--> move them to left and save the changes. click on data source and do selection/hide/. activate data source. later you can check at RSA6.

Fields are available in Left Side itself (By default SAP Given). So, due to this, as we know we cannot Move to Right and later to left for checking purpose.

Thanks,

Venu

kr_pavankumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi venu,

After going thru your detailed explanation, I would like to add the below points.

after doing the activation (as mentioned above) in LBWE, later even we couldnt find these fields at ROOSFIELDS table (as i mentioned above, earlier we able to see here with status P).

1. I guess it wont work by creating a Z program and changeing the status in ROOSFIELDS

2. Check the version management of the structure MC17I30HDR
   SE11 --> Table : MC17I30HDR --> Utilities --> Version --> Version Management

If you are able to see the multiple versions (Old versions) then there is a possiblity of retriving the old structure. So that you can find the fileds as it was earlier after retriving from the older versions.
If multiple versions are not available then follow the 3 rd point.

3. Raise Oss  (Hope, the best possible way to solve this issue)

Plz revert your observations.

Hope it helps!!

-- KRPK

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

Why your saying about Right side fields to move left side? Left side fields which are in blue color not modifiable.

at left side which are fields are available those are part of your data source and visible at RSA6.

Un available fields at RSA6 and un hided(by seeing table  ROOSFIELD) those if you seen them at Right side(i.e comm str) then only you can move from right to left side.

Ex: This field GETRI is not visible at RSA6.

You checked at table ROOSFEILD,

OUTSOURCE = data source name

OBJVERS = A and 

SELECTION  = Other than A ( Mean its visible.)

At LBWE, respective data source, click on maintenance, if this field was available at right side as MCXXXX-GETRI then move to left side.

if not visible at right side, then raise to SAP.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why your saying about Right side fields to move left side? Left side fields which are in blue color not modifiable.

Ok.. I am also communicating the same.

Un available fields at RSA6 and un hided(by seeing table  ROOSFIELD) those if you seen them at Right side(i.e comm str) then only you can move from right to left side.

Ye, I agree.. But present in my case, these Unavailable fields at RSA6 are even not available in the ROOSFIELD itself. So, I Will try to raise OSS and do let us know the results.

Thanks,

Venu

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you. once you got updates form SAP, please share here.

Thank you

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Best is to liaise with SAP in such issues especially after an activity like upgradation.

Raise an OSS to them and they might have released some notes related to this concern,

Once you get the solution.

Please share with us as well.

Regards,

AL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pavan. As you suggested, I have checked the Version Management, I couldnt find any other versions available.

So, as I informed above, I am going to raise an OSS on this.

Will keep you update all on this.

Thanks,

Venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Gopal,

All the (PM,MM,SD ,PS etc ) logistic delta queue & delta queue must be cleared before the EHP6 upgrade otherwise delta queue will get disturbed/ deleted may cause data loss in queue. Please check all the PM delta queue.

After EHP6 upgrade , you have to replicate all the data sources & activate transfer rule. There is standard report RS_TRANSTRU_ACTIVATE_ALLfor activating transfer rule .

Regards,

Anand Mehrotra.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

May be those field are hidden by sap.

At Production ECC, Table - ROOSFIELD, enter your data source and check how many fields are there. check for your field which are not visible at RSA6, against those fields, check Selection Value as "A" means its hidden by sap. if you need then thru small abap program we can make it as visible.

Pls check  for remaining Fields let us know.

Thanks