cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forums API/JAR files Path in EP 7.3 Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I would like to do some customization on the Forums provided in Portal, and i'm currently in EP7.3SP09!

I could locate the below JAR files in my portal server, but none of them has com.sap.netweaver.coll.forums.api  classes specified in the Java docs.

com.sap.netweaver.coll.forums.client_api.jar

com.sap.netweaver.coll.forums.client_core.jar

com.sap.netweaver.coll.forums.integration_api.jar

com.sap.netweaver.coll.forums.integration_core.jar

jiveforums-5.5.30.jar

If any one of you've done some customization using the com.sap.netweaver.coll.forums.api APIs, please do share your experience and approach to start working it along with the other libraries available only if worked.

Thanks in advance, MS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Team,

Did any one customized the Jive Forums .. like writing our own app (JSP or WDJ) for getting the Category/Forum/Thread/Message details using code library??

ForumContext, ForumFactory, IForumManager, IForum etc... when i'm trying to write code to retrieve basic information of a Forum using these classes... I always get exception...!

Any inputs...!

Thanks, MS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

1) Have you done any portal forum customization or build any new custom forum example?

2) Do you have reference for it? what things you referred for it.

3) Do you have any sample code for it?

Regards,

Vishal

former_member254395
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

Even I am trying with the forum API,

But i am getting dump while initializing the ForumContext, I tried with all options as the context is not generating. so is there any setting needs to be done in the portal. Also if possible share your experience , which may help me to proceed further on this.

Awaiting your inputs.

please replay

Thanks in advance.

Rabin D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Here is the response:

1) Have you done any portal forum customization or build any new custom forum example?

Yes, I did all CRUD operations on Forums functionality using its APIs and built a new SAP UI5 interface on it.

2) Do you have reference for it? what things you referred for it.

I'll have to provide them in a doc. Please give me sometime.

3) Do you have any sample code for it?

I'll have to provide them in a doc. Please give me sometime.

Thanks, MS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

I'll have to procide a doc with the steps & code developed to both of you, please give sometime and I will provide it.

Thanks, MS

former_member254395
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

Thanks for your quick response and awaiting for your document.

Which will help others also to try some examples using forum API.

Thanks & Regards

Rabin D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found the APIs in com.sap.netweaver.coll.forums.repman_api.jar file, it has few other classes and needs some RnD now!

On the other hand, if someone who has already made their hands dirty on the Forums/Jive API .. please do share the experience.

Thanks, MS