cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syclo BAPI Wrapper (SAP Work Manager 5.3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I'm quite new to Syclo and SAP in general, and have a few questions around the concept of BAPI Wrappers:

1- As far as I know a Bapi Wrapper provides an interface toward SAP that is accessed by the Agentry server through JCO connections. In what BAPI Wrappers are different from BAPIs? Aren't they also intended to provide an interface toward SAP?

2- Is the BAPI Wrapper a general concept of SAP or is it just related to Syclo?

3- Once I've created a BAPI Wrapper and connected it to a MDO method (GET, CREATE, UPDATE), how can I make it visible on the agentry server in order for it to pick a JCO and open a channel on that BAPI Wrapper? Could you please provide a list of steps (i.e., *.ini, *.java, configuration portal settings)?

Thank you very much-

Andrea

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

In simple terms, BAPI wrappers are simply BAPIs which are wrapped around other BAPIs.  The best explanation of why BAPI wrappers are used that I have heard is that it provides a layer with which the Exchange Tables and Delta Detection routines can work.

1- Specifically BAPI wrappers are BAPIs which provide specific features used by the java BAPI classes to communicate across the JCo.  You will use SE37 to access and copy/modify/create/delete them the same as you would standard BAPIs.

2- It is a Syclo concept/term, but uses standard BAPI tools from SAP. 

3- There are several steps involved.  Here is a link which might help clear up any questions you may have.  http://scn.sap.com/people/jemin.tanna/blog/2013/05/17/syclo-extension-first-steps 

I would also go to the documentation for SMP 2.3 which contains even more information about working with Agentry based apps.  The three Agentry related docs are pretty comprehensive and not just about SMP 2.3: http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.pubs.docset-SMP-2.3.0/doc/h...

Regards, Mike

Answers (0)