Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payroll USA Year End 2013

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Community,

This thread is to give you updates about Payroll USA Year End. We will also replicate here the deliveries informed in service.sap.com/hrusa by our development team. It's advisable to subscribe this thread in order to receive updated information about the Year End procedures and notes.

Use this space to discuss topics and exchange information with other SAP customers about Payroll USA Year End.

Thank you,

Graziela Dondoni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (24)

Answers (24)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have one employee whose W-2 did not generate due to a negative /BT1.  This employee was terminated in 2012 but received a bonus payment in 2013.  (His benefits records were not delimited during the termination action and were retroactively terminated.)

How can we clear the negative /BT1 in order to generate his W-2?  Manual adjustments to T025 in Tax Reporter are not allowed.

Thank you,

Cheryl

kim_grantham1
Explorer
0 Kudos

We had a similar issue.  I copied wage type /BT1 to a new wage type.  I made it permissible to infotype 0221 and included it in the tax form group for non-tax wage types (V_51TA_B) - group W23C.

Once the wage type is established, enter the off-set amount into the year-end adjustment work bench (transaction PAUY) using the YANA option - without tax calculation.  You should still run follow-up activities, but there should be no posting documents.

Hopefully this will do the job for you!

Kim

NWL
Explorer
0 Kudos

We are using PDF Printer as per SAP Note 1444342 ( enables you to save all generated ADS-based forms (such as W-2 and W-2c) in one readable format instead of having separate documents.)

Now we are getting Use PostScript printer driver for all TR forms when doing the Configuration Check in PU19 for following forms.

HR_F_6559

HR_F_PHILA_RECON

HR_F_W2_01

HR_F_W2_AUDIT

HR_F_W2_MULT_01

HR_F_W2_MULT

HR_F_W2_SUMMARY

HR_F_W2

HR_F_W3_01

HR_F_W3

These forms are only available in Client 000 as SAP Script.

We are using PDF version of these forms from table V_T5UX7.

Is there a Solution to Fix these.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aman,

You can take the back up of the t5ux7 and copy the same table from 000 client by clicking the adjustment node under utilities.  or you can go to the table t51t8 and select the forms go to details and enter the form name in the SAP Script Form field. Though the Adobe is the latest format and  SAP Script fading away, why you are opting for the later?

BR

Upen

Message was edited by: Upendra Krishna

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Aman,

Check V_51T5_B, if there are entries for SAPScript there you should delete it. Even if the entries are delimited in V_T5UX7, the SAPscript form is generated if they are in V_51T5_B.

Regards,

Graziela

ltramel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Any idea why when we execute the Tax Reporter run we are getting forms for employees who opt'd for online delivery?  We currently use Form HR_F_W2_MULT_11 as the Online Form and the HR_F_W2_MULT_SS form for printing.  We also use the HR_F_W2_MULT_11.  In the spool for HR_F_W2_MULT_11, the employees who elected online are omitted from this file but for HR_F_W2_MULT_SS they are included in that spool. This is the one we actually print and mail, so we need them to not be included in this spool.  Below is a sample of table V_51T5_B.  Does this have anything to do with this table?

CGrpgTax formWNrEDescription of eventOther tax formNew PageAttribute text
10HR_F_W2100044W-2 Authority CopyHR_F_W2 SAPscript form
10HR_F_W2100084W-2 Authority CopyHR_F_W2_01 SAPscript form
10HR_F_W2500014W-2 Authority CopyHR_F_W2_01XPDF form
10HR_F_W2500094W-2 Employee CopyHR_F_W2_MULT_11XPDF form
10HR_F_W2600174W-2 EE OnlineHR_F_W2_MULT_11XPDF File
10HR_F_W2500024W-2 EE Copy Self SealerHR_F_W2_MULT_SSXPDF form
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Leila,

Try to remove this entry:

10HR_F_W2500094W-2 Employee CopyHR_F_W2_MULT_11X

If you use self-sealer as paper form, you don´t need the HR_F_W2_MULT_11 in that table too. Even if you don´t use W2 online, you should not have these both entries for spool.

Graziela

ltramel
Explorer
0 Kudos

I tried that but for some reason it still continues to put all employees in the spool for the Self Sealer form regardless of what their online election is.

I also have now encountered this "warning/error" in the tax reporter.

Errors occureed while storing log information on online cluster TRLG

Anyone else seen this?  The online W-2 is on the employees infotype 3228, just no Online folder in the log.

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I had the same problem earlier. Check the manual steps in Note 1734460 - Corrections to Online W-2: Wave 4. You need to do the manual steps even if you applied the support pack that included this note. Once I performed the manual steps, the TRLG error disappeared for me.

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Important!

Note "1962368 Year End 2013 Additional Changes for U.S. Tax Report", has been udpated regarding the .SAR files.

Thank you,

Graziela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Graziela,

We have already performed live W2 run, what impact will this new OSS note will have on our system ? I see that it impacts MMREF _ 1, does that mean that all our STATE and FED filling will not be correct ?

Please let us know what next steps we need to take.

Thanks

SG

kim_grantham1
Explorer
0 Kudos

We had discovered that the 940 Schedule A had incorrect Credit Reduction Rates for 2013 causing incorrect calculations.  We updated the values manually for 2013 in V_T5UX9 for the following list of states.  Was there anything else omitted from the note?

Thanks,

Kim

Arkansas
Arizona
California
Connecticut
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Indiana
Kentucky
Missouri
North Carolina
New Jersey
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Rhode Island
U.S. Virgin Islands
Vermont
Wisconsin
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Kim,

The rates are:

AR x.009

CA x.009

CT x.009

DE x.006

GA x.009

IN  x.012

KY x.009

MO x.009

NC x.009

NY x.009

OH x.009

RI x.009

WI x.009

VI x.012

Kind regards,

Graziela

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello community,

If you have applied the support package that contains note 1909014 and now you are receiving the error message

Feature 10EET has not been activated yet

Note 1962760 has been relased today to fix this issue.

Kind regards,

Graziela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Community,

I'm trying to print self sealer (HR_F_W2_MULT_SS) form and I get 2 pages in the output.

Has anyone seen this behavior with self sealer forms? If yes how did you fix it?

Thanks,

Hemanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are having problems 1099R.  We implemented Multiple distribution codes in 2013 and upgraded from 4.7 to ECC 6 EHP 5 as well.  This functionality appeared to be working in 4.7 before we upgraded.  However, we are having some problems with ECC 6.

1. When generating the 1099R form we were able to input a percentage distribution in box 9a using a manual entry for T902 for distribution code 2.  This populated box 9a in both the 1099R form and the electronic file.  If we do this in ECC 6 EHP5 the field is not populated on the form but it is populated in the electronic file.
  2. Pension payments do not have a distribution.  Appropriately there is nothing in box 9a on the 1099R form; however, 00 is begin passed in the electronic file.  Per IRS publication 1220, this field should be blank when there is no percentage to be reported or it is a total distribution of 100%.

I logged an OSS message with SAP last week but they have not provided any solution/correction instructions yet.  Does anybody else have this working?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had a question about the W2 blank forms from staples or RR Donnelly. SAP prints the four quadrant forms ...we followed the instructions as per oss note 175671..and bought the blank form # 5209 from staples. 

Anyone else facing issues trying to fit SAP form into the blank form? Not sure if we needed to customize the form? Never had to do this before so wondering..

Which W2 form specifically did you purchase from RR Donnelly OR Staples?

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the device type of your SAP printer?    We have found that we need to use a post script printer (Device type POST2) for everything to align properly. 

NWL
Explorer
0 Kudos

Has anyone tried this yet?

• SAP Note 1444342 enables you to save all generated ADS-based forms (such as W-2 and W-2c) in one readable format instead of having separate documents.

We are unable to save one PDF File for the UI and W2's. We have to save Multi Pages one by one.

We are using SAP GUI 7.3 and SAPPdfPRNT

I don't think any Tax configuration changes are required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the same issue while printing W2 forms. How can this be solved? My printer is a PDF1 type printer with G access method

0 Kudos

Has anyone experienced situation where "out of sequence" reversals are not reflected on W2 form?  We are experiencing situation where the W2 is for taxable wages (/701) and w/h tax is higher than TCRT and payroll recon, by the amount of the "out of sequence" reversal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP just release this oss note 1947744 - Year End 2013 Phase III for U.S. Tax Reporter.

Does this mean we have to upgrade software components SAP_HR and SAP_HRCUS to level 66?

we are currently on level 64 on SAP_HR and SAP_HRCUS.

Jack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Graziela,

Business requires /484 Local services tax in  box 14 in the W2 FORM. It looks like we will not be able to do this by standard SAP delivered way?

please let us know is it standard SAP delivered product for W2 form. If

not we have to start working on customization.

Your quick and kind response is greately appreciated.

Thanks

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

For the year end you need to apply the support package for the Phase I note, the other phases you can apply the note, the both .sar files and the correction instruction using SNOTE.

Kind regards,

Graziela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Graziela & Community,

Has anyone heard when IRS Publiscation 1494 (Federal Levy Rates) for 2014 will be released?  Thanks.

Erik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erik,

IRS hasn't released Pub 1494 yet . It usually comes out at end of Jan & only after that sap note 1910648 would be released with the changes for Pub.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Graziela,

Is it the same for IRS Publ 15?  Thanks.

Erik

Former Member
0 Kudos

notes: 1962374 & 1967369 released

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone seen issues with RFFOUS_C after applying the year end support packs?   We ran RFFOUS_C for our paychecks and this processed assigned a check date of the current date instead of the check date from the payroll calendar.

thanks

Brett

0 Kudos

Brett, We experienced same issue with payment date changing to system date instead of check date from payroll calendar. We found causing note to be 1863520.   We applied side effect 1944375 and 1944320.  Note 1944375 fixed the issue for us.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response.   We did some additional troubleshooting and found the same thing.  It wasn't an issue with the RFFOUS_C but rather with the pre DME (RPCDTCU0) that was introduced by note 1863520.    We've applied notes 1944320 and 1944375, which appear to have correct the issue

Brett

asarat
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Cindy and Brett. Note 1944375 fixed the issue for me too.

Regards

Sarat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

We are implementing Self-Sealer W-2 functionality by changing form HR_F_W2_07 to HR_F_MULT_SS.

I have completed configuration steps by adding HR_F_W2_MULT_SS in the feature UTRW2 and also HR_F_W2_MULT_01 to HR_F_W2_MULT_SS in "Issuing of Tax Forms" for HR_F_W2 tax form.

When I test it I still see 4-up format with lines and text instead of printing amounts on Self-Sealer pre-printed form. Please let me know how to resolve this problem.

Thanks,

Hemanth.

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanth,

Did you modify V_T5UX7?

Thank you,

Graziela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Graziela!!

I have checked this table and realized that i was updating the SAP script EE copy to HR_F_MULT_SS. Now I have changed the PDF Spool entry to MULT_SS and my W2 copy is now MW1287 format.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Graziela and HR Community,

The T5UTX table holds our EE & ER Medicare Ceilings and Rates. For the EE, the rate is 1.45% up to the first $200K in earnings. However, over $200,000, the effective rate is 2.35% (add 0.9%). How do I set this? Thanks.

Erik

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Erik,

BSI is already calculating this after TUB 85 there is no actions from your side to calculate the tax.

SAP has created wage types /TM1 and /TM2 just for reconciliation purposes.

Hope this clarifies,

Graziela

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear community,

Notes released:

1934840 BSI TaxFactory 10.0 - Phase 3

1943512 TAX: Puerto Rico Withholding on Christmas Bonus

1949329 TR: W-2 Box 20 not showing Indiana locality code

1937829 TR: Blank correction forms generated after note 1864393

Kind regards,

Graziela Dondoni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello community,

We are having an issue when reporting W2 for Puerto Rico. Box 7 reports the total of wage type /701 and then on BOX 11 it adds commissions, allowances, and tips which ends on duplicate amounts. Any one else has the same issue? Any tips on how to fix it will be appreciated?

Thanks

Monica

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monica:

We do the following, in tax form "HR_F_W2_PR" we link field T001 to tax group PURT, then we define PURT with /101 and substracting all the comissions wage types and also the deferred plans, then we also define those WTs in the comission and deferred groups accordingly. We have to maitain the same information in two places but at least it works.

It would be great if we could use the feature of the field "consideration in another form field" so that the comission and deferred amounts are automatically substracted, but that feature is already occupied by the sum in field T01B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Federico, when you do that do you also do anything to the T01B field (box 11)?   We had created a custom tax form group (W999), similar to what you have for the PURT.  But when we assign the tax form group to the T001 field, then the T01B field stops accumulating.   T001, T014, T133 and T130 are all set up to add to T01B, and it sums correctly to T01B, until we changed the tax form group on T001, and then T01B is no longer being populated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Brett: try removing the "PR" from the authority in the field T001 and the 2, you need to do this if you are using direct wage types in W999.

Let me know if that worked

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all of your help, this last change did enable us to get the correct numbers.

One other question that you may be able to help with.

What do you do about filing the 499R-3 electronically with the Hacienda.  It appears that this is similar to the W-3 on the US side, which is the reconcilliation statement of income taxes withheld .   It does not look like SAP provides the format for the 499R-3.   And our functional users have been going back with the Hacienda on how this needs to submitted but not getting anywhere fast with them and sat on hold for 4 hours yesterday trying to get a person to talk to that could provide some additional information.    We were able to submit the W2PR information electronically without issue, but now its the 499R-3 that we're running in circles over.

thanks

Brett

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm glad it helped you. Regarding 499R-3, I just checked with the users and it seems we do not submit that form as it is not required if you submit the W2 electronically (they were not 100% sure about that though).

I have had luck contacting Hacienda using the e-mail: W2Info@hacienda.gobierno.pr

Hope it helps,

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brett

Can you tell me how you downloaded the W2PR information for Puerto Rico filing?

I have tried to upload the TemSe file MMREF-1  with the Puerto Rico agency and I am getting format errors. The PR Hacienda is of no help. All they will tell me is that it is a format error. What file are you using?

Thanks!

Cheryl

Former Member
0 Kudos

We sent the HR_MMREF_S_PR  as it was our understanding that  the other one is missing some records and it is meant for SSA.    We just went to the Temse file and clicked on the download.

I know we also had some issues with the LF/CR -- line feed/carriage return not being on the file so it was just scrolling everything one after the other on the same line.   We had to go to the form and then the magnetic tap structure,  then look a tthe output evend 0000 (header information) and location on tape of 010 (Insert CRLF btw records).   We had to add "CRLF" in the Or directly field, as what we had in the system incorrectly had this as blank.

If it's really the format that they are having problems with then this may be it, otherwise if it's some of the data, then you may want to take a look at the directions document on the Hacienda web site and go through some of the fields that they say are mandatory to make sure that those are being populated.   I know the one that we didn't have initially was the email address and had to add that to the configuration.

Brett

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have this issue and had pilot solution from SAP. You can reach SAP or monitor market place.

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello community,

There are some KBA (Knowledge Base Article) that can help with the Year End:

To apply the SAR files

1848094 Message no. XT2160 - Requests do not match the component version

For Online W2:

1800810 Error PG474 while creating employee election for Online W-2

1895973 Error: Access via "NULL" object reference not possible (termination: RABAX_STATE)

1896023 W-2 Online form is not generated for employee

Kind regards,

Graziela

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may have just answered our problem (Incident # 0001183967) for the application of the Canadian Year-End Note.  I'll ask our Basis team to try out the solution mentioned in Note 1848094.

Message was edited by: Rémi Corriveau

The solution proposed byu SAP for our Incident was the same as the one mentioned in Note 1848094.

Thanks againGraziela.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Graziela,

After we upgraded to SP59 – 67 , while running Puerto Rico payroll thru PUOC_10 we get error - No entry for eligibility variant ALL / eligibility grouping EGR1.

Any idea how to correct this?

Thanks

Sunny Thakur

maddilety_kanuku
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Looks this is benefit related error, please check with your eligibility rules for the benefit plans you maintained in your benefits related infotypes (0167... etc) - Thank you!

Warm Regards!

-Kanuku

Chiru
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hello Sunny,

The Error message that you received is related to Benefits. To Correct this error go to Participation Monitor screen (T Code "HRBEN0003"), give PERNR on the screen and execute. Here you can find all the error list for this Employee and required you can delete this by pressing "Stop Participation" button.

This Error is configuration related.

Cheers,

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello community,

Notes released:

1920654 Year End 2013 Phase II for U.S Tax Reporter

1942131 TAX: Puerto Rico Withholding on Christmas Bonus

1886139 TR: W2-C PR for employees without PR Wages

1909014 BSI TaxFactory 10.0 - Phase II

Kind regards,

Graziela

kim_grantham1
Explorer
0 Kudos

For Ohio School Districts, upon application of Phase II notes and validation of configuration in V_T5UTX, the 'SD' is not preceeding the school district code.  Is anyone having an issue with this?  If you place the SD in front of the school district code in V_T5UTX, it does print properly, but there is no documenation stating that this is the requirement.

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

You need to apply the both .SAR files and the correction instruction from that note and customize T5UX5.

Hope this clarifies.

Kind regards,

Graziela

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello community,

Note 1928812 BSI TaxFactory 10.0 - Phase I has been released.

Kind regards,

Graziela

former_member353481
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Graziela,

Wasn't Note 1903607 BSI TF 10.0 - Phase I? It seems we have 2 identical notes, 1903607 and 1928812.

Regards,

Thomas

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

These notes are for different releases:

1903607 - 600 and 604

1928812 - 46C, 470 and 500

Hope this information helps.

Graziela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Graziela,

Is BSI v10 required for 2013 Yr-End?  Or, can we still use v9 with the latest TUB (I think 129 was just announced today)?  Thanks.

Erik Isaacs

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Erik,

BSI TaxFactory 9.0 to be decommissioned on November 30, 2014. So, BSI TaxFactory is not mandatory for this Year End.

Further information can be found on:

service.sap.com/hrusa

Year End 2013

ASUG Webcast

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Graziela

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello community,

If you are receiving an error message after you apply the Support Package:

TAX: TaxCo xx with TaxAu FED and TaxTy xx does not  exist.

Note 1925333 will be released today to address this issue.

Kind regards,

Graziela

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello community,

The following notes have been released:

175641 W-2/ 1099-R Forms and Envelopes

1900526 Year End 2013 Phase I for U.S Tax Reporter

Thank you,

Graziela

maddilety_kanuku
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you!

Kanuku

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see note 1879072 and it's child notes (1884256, 1897013, 1892801 & 1895797 ) for IRS changes have been released. Would all of them be relevant for US.

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ASUG has a Webcast planned on the subject :

HCM U.S. Payroll and Tax Reporting Year End Update 2013
Date:
Thursday, October 17, 2013

Time: 12:30 p.m. ET

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Community,

Notes released:

1903607 - BSI TaxFactory 10.0 - Phase I

1905921 - U.S Tax Reporter Year End 2013 Announcment

Kind regards,

Graziela

former_member185000
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

From configuration point of view on bsi 10 wud it be just switching constant BSITF and feature 10BSI or wud it have more to it.

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Karan,

As the product was not delivered yet, I cannot tell you if the customizing are just in these two point. A note with details will be delivered and as soon as I have it I will inform you.

Regards,

Graziela