cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run RSTT in BW 7.3 to trace BICS from BI4.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

We have a performance issue in BO and I am investigating it from a BW perspective. I want to trace the BICS connection from BO and then see the additional parameters. I am using RSTT to perform this trace. However, I am unable to record the trace when a WEBI report is run. No trace is captured. When I run a BEX query using RSRT I am able to record a trace. Following are the steps I am doing to capture traces in RSTT:

1. Run RSTT

2. Activate user (its my user name itself and I myself run the WEBI report using the same user name)

3. Login to the BO portal

4. Run the WEBI report

5. Deactivate user in RSTT

6. Check for trace collection in RSTT (and what do you know??? nothing in there!!!)

I suspect the following:

1. I had normal developer access in BW and now have been provided authorization object S_RS_RSTT to perform this investigation. Please let me know if I might need any additional authorization.

2. I have not made any changes to the settings in RSTT, incuding in Basic settings screen. Do I need to change any settings here?

3. Am I missing any step in the sequence of runs?

All help will be appreciated with gratitude (points!)

Thanks

Prince

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

MJUDI
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Prince, check which user is used in the connection. I had the same issue and it tuns out to be the user. When you run the report, check in the BW server (in Tcode SM66) which user is actively reading data. You might end up surpirsed like me

Thanks,

MJ

Prabhith
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Former Member,

Please go through the wonderful document by Kurt Holst.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d0e3c552-e419-3010-1298-b32e6210b...

Will give you lot of information regarding RSTT.

Br

Prabhith

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Instead of you taking a trace, Ask your BASIS to take the trace in the same way. They might be having full access to the system. So that you can at least come to know about the issue..

This would help you : http://scn.sap.com/thread/3229389