cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Info -> Employee Profile

0 Kudos

Dear Experts

I am getting the below error whenever I try to launch My Info -> Employee profile.

The system is HR Renewal 1.0 feature pack 4 sp15

Appreciate your help on this.

which launchpad role is used by My Info? There is a launchpad role called ESS instance MYINFO.

.ERROR_CONTEXT

..ERROR_INFO An exception has occurred.

../IWFND/CX_MGW_TECH_EXCEPTION

...RFC_FAILURE_MESSAGE_V2

...RFC_FAILURE_MESSAGE

...TRANSFORMATION

...ENTITY_NAME

...REMOTE_MESSAGE

...REMOTE_SYSTEM

...REMOTE_MESSAGE_TYPE

...SERVICE_IDENTIFIER

...METHOD

...FIELD_NAME

...FIELD_VALUE

...NAVIGATION_PROPERTY

..SERVICE_INFO

...NAMESPACE /UI2/

...VERSION 0001

...SERVICE_NAME LAUNCHPAD

...REQUEST_DIRECTION Consumer to Gateway

...REQUEST_OPERATION service op

...AGENT OData Lib 1.0 Integration

...SYSTEM_ALIAS E04_100_BEP

...DESTINATION NONE

..SYSTEM_INFO

...REQUEST_URI /sap/opu/odata/UI2/LAUNCHPAD/ResolveAlias?role='ESS'&instance='MENU'&applicationAlias='EMP_PROFILE'&businessParams='

...REMOTE_ADDRESS 151.231.104.59

...APPLICATION_SERVER ecc606-b_E04_00

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Problem solved

golo_maichel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have the same error, could you please provide me the solution?

Thanks

Golo Maichel

0 Kudos

Hi Golo,

Employee profile uses the launch pad role ESS instance MYINFO,

Here is the URL for the employee profile application. if this launchpad has been modified, please delete the modified version and leave the SAP standard entry.

/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/HRESS_EMP_PRO_G/index.html

Thanks

Jay

golo_maichel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Jay,

your solution works!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jayanthi

I am using a standard lauchpad (not customised). I do have a url

/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/HRESS_EMP_PRO_G/index.html in the role ESS MYINFO. I still get a blank screen.

The difference I see between ESS MENU role  and ESS MYINFO is of the system alias they use.

ESS MENU      - SAP_ECC_HumanResources

ESS MYINFO   - SAP_HCM_PROXY

The RFC connection as suggested by SAP has been created as SAP_ECC_HumanResources.

How about SAP_HCM_PROXY? Could you share some information with regards to the issue.

golo_maichel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

we have the same aliases in the launchpad definition and we only defined the alias "SAP_ECC_HumanResources" in sm42 as ABAP-RFC (Type 3) to the local system. "SAP_HCM_PROXY" doesn't exists in our system, but HRESS_EMP_PRO_G works.

The important thing is to set the alias to the ODATA Serive in transaction /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE (or by spro: SAP NetWeaver -> Gateway -> OData Channel -> Administration -> General Settings -> Activate and Maintain Services or Assing Sap System aliases ...)

In the Service Catalog go to ZHRESS_EMP_PROFILE_SERVICE and check, if there is a systemalias set. I have tested the following: if I delete the System alias there, I also get a blank screen.

Also check, if the ODATA ICF Node is activated.

If there is no system alias to choose, then goto SAP NetWeaver -> Gateway -> OData Channel -> Configuration -> Connection Settings -> SAP Netweaver Gateway to SAP System -> Manage SAP System Aliases. There you can define the alias of type /IWPGW/BWF with local settings.

Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Golo,

I need some help as I am facing the same issue. When I expand the MYINFO lane, it gives me blank page. Also when I click on employee profile it throws a portal runtime error in a new tab.

My Settings:

Launch Pad - MYINFO

For Employee profile - System Alias - Changes to SAP_ECC_HumanResources

Maintained the same in SM59 and in portal the same exists.

While activating service ZHRESS_EMP_PROFILE_SERVICE, a new system alias was defined (LOCAL) and used this to activate the service. Also tried to maintain the WS provider as /IWPGW/BWF for the alias LOCAL. Still receiving a blank page on expanding MyINFO. The name is retrieved on the landing page overview lane.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Rahul

golo_maichel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

in transaction /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE click on ZHRESS_EMP_PROFILE_SERVICE an check if SDATA and ODATA ICF-Nodes are activated (green).

Test the service in browser by clicking on the Browser-button. You should get something like:

<app:service xml:base="http://XXXXXXXX:80/sap/opu/sdata/IWCNT/ACCOUNT/"><app:workspace sap:semantics="things"><atom:title>Things</atom:title></app:workspace><app:workspace sap:semantics="data"><atom:title>Data</atom:title><app:collection href="ContentCollection" sap:creatable="false" sap:updatable="false" sap:deletable="false"> ......

Golo

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Golo,

We can see entry only for ODATA but not for SDATA. Any idea what might be the reason?

Regards,

Navya.

0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

You have to activate same service in sdata and OData, then activate sdata ICF node from activate and  maintain services through SPRO.

Regards,

Jay

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In sicf , I am unable to find entry for SDATA. Is there any pre requisite for this?

Regards,

Navya.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Which version of HR Renewal you are implementing?

Accordingly check the implemented notes and then cross check the business function activation.

Follow the below links.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/150046666/HRrenewal1-0-SP10-pdf

Regards,

Jay

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to implement HR renewal 2.0 - Initial Shipment. I have already referred this link and the admin guide in SAP Market Place.Still facing issue. Is there any other step that i have  missed?

Regards,

Navya.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Issue could be,

1) In ECC version software components might not be up to level which is required for HR Renewal 2.0.

2) Proper notes might not be implemented (For HR Renewal 2.0 need to implement more than 64 notes).

3) It might be the cause of proper business functions activation. 

I recommend you to raise the OSS MSG.

Regards,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Navya

First of all, let me clarify that ICF nodes are not activated through SICF. They are done at the location mentioned herein...SPRO Node: Sap Netweaver - Gateway-OData Channel-Administration-General Settings-Activate and Maintain Services.

Here you need to do 3 activities:

1. Assign a system alias to a ODATA Service For eg: HRESS LEAVE REQUEST SERVICE

2. Activate SDATA (Refer ICF node at bottom left side)

3. Activate ODATA (Refer ICF node at bottom left side)

You may reach out to me for any additional information

Regards

Anil Joshi

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

I am unable to see the entry for SDATA. Any idea what might be the issue? Morover when i execute the overview page from SAP_EMPLOYEE_ESS_XX_UI5_1 role ,  the url http://server.in:host/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/arsrvc_suite_pb/main.html?page=HR_SELFSERVICES i am unable to add chip to page.

It gives error as

"CHIP could not be added to your page; contact your system administrator if problem persists".

Do we need to configure something using suite page builder to configure ESS landing page??

Regards ,

Navya.

http://vmedci.tcsprocesscloud.in:8004/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/arsrvc_suite_pb/main.html?page=HR_SELFSERVI...

0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the error log through the tcode /IWBEP/ERROR_LOG.

If error log shows /UI2/CHIP not found then create some test role provide the /UI2/CHIP authorization as shown in the screenshot, and then assign it to the user.

Regards,

Jay

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not get / UI2/CHIP error in error log. On teh screen i get error as "Catalog with ID:X-SAP-UI2-PAGECHIP:HREMPLOYEE" does not exist. Do i need to create this catalog? If yes then could you pelase let me know the steps to create it? In the error log, I get error as shown in screenshot below. Any idea what should be done?

Regards,

Navya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to: https://<server>:<port>/sap/public/bc/ui2/page-administration/main.html#CONF/ and ensure that you have the page = HREMPLOYEE

http://<server>:<port>/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/arsrvc_spb_admn/main.html Go here and create the Catalog. Here you should see all the Chips that are available. Click on the + sign next to the Catalog and create a Catalog. Assign this Catalog to the Page in the first link...

Hopefully this should give you some direction.

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harshal ,

On click of  https://<server>:<port>/sap/public/bc/ui2/page-administration/main.html#CONF/ , I get "Error: Requested resource does not exist.". I got the same error on click of

http://<server>:<port>/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/arsrvc_spb_admn/main.html

Any idea what might be the cause of this issue.

Regards,

Navya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure Navya... May be Siddhart Rojara can get his 2 cents in...

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harshal,

I had entered portal server and host details instead of backend server and port details. For backend servera and host , in URL https://<server>:<port>/sap/public/bc/ui2/page-administration/main.html#CONF/  i am able to see page HREMPLOYEE. In URL http://<server>:<port>/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/arsrvc_spb_admn/main.html  , i tried creating new ctalog by clicking on + icon , entered id and title , clicked on create. It gives me error as  "Error while creating catalog; try again later or contact your system administrator if the problem persists".

Any more inputs? 

Regards,

Navya

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Navya, Again, Please raise a new thread as I said to you earlier. it would be easier to work on a single issue them multiple ones

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth Rajora ,

Done. New thread raised  

Regards,

Navya

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Golo,

I am facing similar issue. I have kept SAP_HCM_PROXY alias in lpd_cust, it gives me runtime error.

Have raised separate thread for this. When i maintain backend system alias it give me blank page.

Any pointers on this issue?

Regards,

Navya