cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Screen Personas: Different flavour access for same Transaction on same screen

manukapur
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created different flavours for the same transaction and would like to access each one of them from a click of a different button on the same screen.

I understand I can have only one default flavour. How can I specify which flavour to call for the same transaction when I am clicking a particular button? I checked the button properties. Couldn't relate anything to specific flavour.

Regards,

Manu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is currently no way to associate a flavour with a button, or to choose one from a script, unfortunately. I think it would be a useful ability to add, but it isn't there right now.

Steve.

manukapur
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Steve.

I believe then as a workaround, I will be creating copies of the transaction code and use different transaction codes for different flavours.

All these different transaction codes will point to the same Report/Program.

Regards,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that should work and is a nice workaround. I might use the idea myself! It isn't foolproof, though, if users can switch flavours themselves and/or set a different default from the one you want. I'd still like to be able to select a flavour in a script.

It also has implications for security roles and their maintenance and for GRC if you use that. Those aren't necessarily trivial.

Steve.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

manukapur
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Try this JS to open the URL in the same window.

window.open("www.youraddress.com","_self")

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

thanks for your solution, we tried it and it works fine!

But using this JS another problem is raising. The flavor is starting in the same window, thats fine, but there is no more possibility to navigate back (to the starting flavor). Obviously the "stack" is lost due to a new session is starting (in the same window). I think this is a perfect solution if your use case requires just this behavior described above.

But if you need the "normal" back button to navigate back to the calling application, this JS won't work.

WBR

Tibor

manukapur
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thats true Tibor. It completely refreshes the memory of the session.

A Back button with previous transaction might be useful in some scenarios, but again it's a work around. I believe if you are using the latest version of Personas, use the property Switch Flavor.

SAP has provided it now. The above solution was something I tried because of the limitations in the product earlier.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Manu

manukapur
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Found another way to open another flavour for the same transaction.  We can generate shortlinks for each flavours we want,  in the admin transaction and use a script button with the URL to open the particular flavor. To open in the same window, used Javascript.

Regards,
Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, shortlinks can have a flavour associated with them. I have tried calling them from a button but as you discovered they open in a new window/tab. It didn't occur to me to use some JS to make them open in the same window. Nice trick!

Thanks,

Steve.

p_soobhany
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I know that this is an old post, but somehow it would be nice of you to give some more details on the scripting part. I am knew to Screen personas and I don't know JavaScript.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

The current Personas, 2.0, doesn't use Javascript for scripting (mostly), so not knowing it isn't a problem! There's lots of information here on SCN about Personas and its capabilities. Start with document and my blog and go from there. If you have any specific questions, don't hesitate to ask - create separate discussions here for your questions so that others can find them and the answers more easily.

Knowing Javascript will be more important with Personas 3.0 but that's not generally available just yet so you have a while to learn.

Steve.

p_soobhany
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Steve.

I think that I have been reading your blogs and posts almost everyday. Thank you for all your useful information and great work. Keep it up .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I'm glad you are finding it all helpful. There'll be more to come, especially as people start using Personas 3.0.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parvez,

please have a look here...

http://scn.sap.com/message/15346101#15346101

There I posted a simple solution for your problem.

WBR

Tibor

p_soobhany
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks alot Tibor.. will defnitely try out this solution.