cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Server Root Folder disabled for users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using EPM 10 and certain users for an Enviornment have the option 'Open Server Root Folder...* greyed out. Could you please let me know what could be the reason?

The users have Approver access but i have seen that the Team lead checkbox is not marked. Does it make any difference?

Please suggest solutions.

Best Regards,

Swakshar Choudhury

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swakshar,

As Mr.Harsha Jalakam  mentioned please Add Manage Template under Analysis & Collection Task Profile to achieve this it's absolutely the Correct Answer.......

P.S Don't forgot to close this thread as you had already received your solution , Which will help the Needful......

Aravind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Install the Add - on EPM and choice this config

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And what???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Swakshar,

In my opinion the reason is security settings. You may try to change "Task profile" of user and try it again.

Regards,
Yigitalp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swakshar,

try this:

a) assign Manage models (templates?) at Collection and Analysis

b) clear Edit content in public folder at  Access Folder

PS: At my test, the user is team admin.

I have the same issue and it is working now. In my case, the user could open and save file at group folder and this user couldn't save at public folder.

Maybe the task names are quite different, because I am using another language at web...

Best regards,

Ana Teresa

arun_varghese
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swakshar,

Once I had this error and I closed the excel and restarted excel again and the issue got resolved. Just give it a try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Restarts were tried already. But what i found is that the people who were having issues with the access were missing a particular Task from their Task profiles. Its 'Manage Templates' and 'Use Input Forms and Save data'. I added these 2 tasks in their task profiles but it still didnt resolve the issue.

Can anyone of you highlight on the cause of the problem?

What task basically controls the access to the 'Open Server Root Folder' Option?

Best Regards,

Swakshar Choudhury

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

One more question, is it ok to transport Only Task profile? Or is there a thumb rule while transporting Security in BPC 10 NW? For example, if we are making changes to a particular Task profile do we need to transport other objects as well like Teams, Users or Data Access Profiles?

Best Regards,

Swakshar Choudhury

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swakshar,

You can transport only those objects that has been edited. No need to transport any other object.

Hope this helps.

former_member190501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

By just assigning Use BPFs Task will allow user to open Server root folder.

Business Process Flows

-->Use BPFs

Hope it helps..

regards,

Raju

harsha_jalakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swakshar,

We would like to disable this particular option for the end users, so that they would not mess up the reports. Is the "Manage templates" task profile related to this option, so that on removing we can disable this option(Open Server input forms folder) to the end users.

Regards,

Harsha