16 Replies Latest reply: Sep 21, 2013 6:32 AM by omid daghdar RSS

SAP Transaction Code

Letlapa Nakeng
Currently Being Moderated

Hi Gurus

Whats the transaction Code for changing the message status in SAP e.g. Payroll Area is locked? I want to change it from being a warning?

Thanks...

Regards

Letlapa

• Re: SAP Transaction Code
    Sahir Nidagundi

Why would want to change it to warning?

It is standard error message and it is best to leave it as it - due to payroll implications.

Regards,

Sahir.

Chetan Bajaj

check this if it can be your help.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1714270

Alison Morgan

Hi Letlapa

I assume there may be a typo and you are referring to the standard SAP program RPTARQPOST? Otherwise I would expect a custom program to be named in the customer name range Z* , Y*, etc ...

I would take another look at your processes before trying to make any changes to SAP standard, especially in the area of payroll processing which is so critical. In general, employees should be requesting leave for future dates, so I would have thought the incidence of payroll lock errors should be relatively small. If employees are requesting leave via the portal and this is being approved by line managers, the above program should ideally be scheduled to update the back-end system during non-working hours and when payroll is not being run. If 'locks' do occur, the program will automatically try to re-process the approved request the next time it runs (from memory, I think it will try 3 times or several times before a manual intervention is required).

Payroll lock errors occur for very good reasons, based on experience with many customers and evolving based on best practices over many years. For this reason, I recommend to look your processes again and not to consider making changes that would increase risk of other undesirable knock-on effects.

Best regards,

Alison

Letlapa Nakeng

HI Alison

Well said. So my problem i want employees to request leave during payroll lock and not get the error message. So i will stop the program RPTARQPOST and run after payroll.

So where do we change this messages from being errors? is it SE91?

Best Regrads

Letlapa

Alison Morgan

Hi Letlapa

So, I still stick to how I know this has been implemented for many customers without issues ... which is: during payroll lock, employees should only be able to request leave for future dates (i.e. not dates affected by the current payroll run). Best practice would be that in general employees should request leave in advance and it should be approved, etc. The problem is that by booking leave for a current or past payroll period, it is the same as if an employee were to change their bank details or address during a payroll run, it can have an impact on pay. This is why the payroll lock is in there as a safety mechanism.

Therefore, if you schedule the leave posting program to run before/after payroll, you should get very few errors caused by locks. I would suggest if you do still get errors, these would be exceptional (in which case perhaps they could be dealt with manually) or they may indicate an issue with the process design, which could be re-visited. I personally would do these things rather than make a change to the way standard payroll locks work.

Regarding SE91, I'm a functional person rather than techical, so I would have to refer you to a member of your Basis or technical team for advice on how to proceed with changing a generated message, sorry!

Kind regards,

Alison

Letlapa Nakeng

Hi Pinki

No i have changed my message status to ERROR and the employee can be able to take leave even ehen the payroll is locked . But now plaese advice if this is not going to affect any data doi=uring payroll run?

Thanks...

Regards

Letlapa

Actions