Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Transaction Code

letlapa_albert
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

Whats the transaction Code for changing the message status in SAP e.g. Payroll Area is locked? I want to change it from being a warning?

Thanks...

Regards

Letlapa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

letlapa_albert
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pinki

No i have changed my message status to ERROR and the employee can be able to take leave even ehen the payroll is locked . But now plaese advice if this is not going to affect any data doi=uring payroll run?

Thanks...

Regards

Letlapa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Letlapa

I assume there may be a typo and you are referring to the standard SAP program RPTARQPOST? Otherwise I would expect a custom program to be named in the customer name range Z* , Y*, etc ...

I would take another look at your processes before trying to make any changes to SAP standard, especially in the area of payroll processing which is so critical. In general, employees should be requesting leave for future dates, so I would have thought the incidence of payroll lock errors should be relatively small. If employees are requesting leave via the portal and this is being approved by line managers, the above program should ideally be scheduled to update the back-end system during non-working hours and when payroll is not being run. If 'locks' do occur, the program will automatically try to re-process the approved request the next time it runs (from memory, I think it will try 3 times or several times before a manual intervention is required).

Payroll lock errors occur for very good reasons, based on experience with many customers and evolving based on best practices over many years. For this reason, I recommend to look your processes again and not to consider making changes that would increase risk of other undesirable knock-on effects.

Best regards,

Alison

letlapa_albert
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Alison

Well said. So my problem i want employees to request leave during payroll lock and not get the error message. So i will stop the program RPTARQPOST and run after payroll.

So where do we change this messages from being errors? is it SE91?

Best Regrads

Letlapa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Letlapa

So, I still stick to how I know this has been implemented for many customers without issues ... which is: during payroll lock, employees should only be able to request leave for future dates (i.e. not dates affected by the current payroll run). Best practice would be that in general employees should request leave in advance and it should be approved, etc. The problem is that by booking leave for a current or past payroll period, it is the same as if an employee were to change their bank details or address during a payroll run, it can have an impact on pay. This is why the payroll lock is in there as a safety mechanism.

Therefore, if you schedule the leave posting program to run before/after payroll, you should get very few errors caused by locks. I would suggest if you do still get errors, these would be exceptional (in which case perhaps they could be dealt with manually) or they may indicate an issue with the process design, which could be re-visited. I personally would do these things rather than make a change to the way standard payroll locks work.

Regarding SE91, I'm a functional person rather than techical, so I would have to refer you to a member of your Basis or technical team for advice on how to proceed with changing a generated message, sorry!

Kind regards,

Alison

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Letlapa,

If you really need to change the message type from ERROR to WARNING for only the leave request application, there is a node in SPRO for the very same requirement.

Please open the following node and read the SAP Documentation(performance assistant) of this node.

Spro--> Personal Management --> Employee Self-Service --> Service Specific settings --> Working Time --> Leave Request --> Processing Processes --> Configure Output of messages.

Message Class : HRTIM00BLPRETRO

Message no: 015: Payroll area &1 locked

Please let me know incase of further doubts.

Thanks and Regards,

Pinki

letlapa_albert
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

I changed my message to warning but i stil get the same error "Payroll is locked". What must i do?

Thanks...

Regards

Letlapa

letlapa_albert
Participant
0 Kudos

HI

I wanna get rid of this message.

chetan13
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

check this if it can be your help.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1714270

sahirn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why would want to change it to warning?

It is standard error message and it is best to leave it as it - due to payroll implications.

Regards,

Sahir.

letlapa_albert
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sahir

The reason is, I want employees to be able to apply for leave even when the payroll is locked. The changes they wil be making i think its better to que them in program RPTARPOST. Im gonna stop this program during payroll and restart after payroll for the changes to start updating the master data.

Regards

Letlapa

former_member193652
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Letlapa,

What do you mean by "apply for leave request"? You mean keeping leave request in system?

Obviously it's possible but just not for the same payroll period which is locked. You can keep records for dates out of locked payroll period.

This is because to make sure when running payroll nothing which can effect on payroll result, like changing in salary or changing in time management for leave, absence, overtime and so, will change.

By the way what is RPTARPOST for? I could not find this report in system! Would you please possibly check if the spelling is correct?

Regards,

Omid

letlapa_albert
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Omid

When payroll is locked and you try to do changes on the Portal>ESS e.g. Taking leave, it gives an error message "Payroll ZA is locked". So i want to get rid of this message and allow changes to be done even when the payroll is locked, but however this changes musn't update backend during payroll, arther que them somewhere and press enter to update after payroll completion.

Regards

Letlapa

letlapa_albert
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Omid

The RPTARPOST maybe is developed in house. So which program does it process the leave requests?

Regards

Letlapa

former_member193652
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you mean RPTARQPOST (You have missed Q). It's a standard report.

Regards,

Omid

letlapa_albert
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Omid

How does this standard Report work?

Thanks.

Regards

Letlapa

former_member193652
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Letlapa,

I am not familiar with this report. Have similar discussions on SCN like http://scn.sap.com/thread/1317076 or https://scn.sap.com/thread/1881385

By the way I recommend to post your issue at https://scn.sap.com/community/erp/hcm/employee-self-service

Regards,

Omid