cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTP error "Dereferencing the NULL reference"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

One of my DTP start giving me an error "Dereferencing the NULL reference". i have reactivated transformation and DTP atlest 3 times. It was working earlier, the DTP is to load data from DSO to DSO.

I have noticed, its giving me an error after i change my target DSO to write optimized.

What is the problem here.,,

Please help.. Thanks..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As per the bw version you may need to apply respective note.

pls check the below note.

http://www.stechno.net/sap-notes.html?view=sapnote&id=1392935

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

We have BI 7.3 and i dont see any information for 7.3

MGrob
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Does it cause a dump in st22? Did you try delete and recreate the transformation?

Martin

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

pls check at sap market place if you have OSS id.

Read this note whether its applicable to higher versions or not. SAP OSS Note 1387280.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No idea why ? but by creating new DSO and transformation solved the problem !

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Halo,

I just faced the same issue and tried a simple solution to it, which worked.

The solution would be to Change the DTP to FULL.

Activate it.

You can now execute it and check that the DTP will not show any errors.

Again change it back to Delta and it will work fine again.

Hope it helps.

BR

Umran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

SAP Note 1709947 is solving your problem by creating the Z-Report in the manual post-imlpementation.

if your System is higher then BW 7.31 (SAPKW73105).

the coding is in th attached txt-File: ZRSTRAN_CHECK_STEP_CONSTANTS.txt of the Note.

These are the steps to do according to the Note:

Caution: You have to perform this manual post-implementation step manually and separately in each system after you have imported the Note to implement.

• Install the correction instruction using SNOTE and transport it into your BW landscape.
    • In SE38 create a report 'ZRSTRAN_CHECK_STEP_CONSTANTS' as a test program and copy the code in the attachment.
    • Execute the report 'ZRSTRAN_CHECK_STEP_CONSTANTS' for the affected transformation in check mode.
    • It will show the field length and the rule ids and the transformations which are inconsistent.
    • Execute the report 'ZRSTRAN_CHECK_STEP_CONSTANTS' in repair mode for M and A versions for the affected transformations.
    • Execute the report 'RSDG_TRFN_ACTIVATE' to activate the affected transformations  Ensure the report is in its latest version

We then had Syntax-Errors in some Transformation-End Routines that had do be fixed because som IO's where not availiable in the "Result-Package" anymore.

Maintain mode of the Transformation and pulling all the IO in the Selection Screen from the left to the right solved the Syntax Errors in the End-Routine and the missing Fields in the "Result-Package" and the TR could be activatet and transported.

Best regards

Armin Baggenstos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Does this issue solved?

We have the same mistake.

And if you try to run DTP in debug-mode it's work fine, but in normal mode it's giving an error "Dereferencing the NULL reference".

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Our case, As per Martin Grob,

I deleted the transformation and recreated Trasn/DTP and it worked..

KamalMehta
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Once you change settings activate the transformation and create a new dtp .

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did recreate DTP, but the same issue.

In our case, there is an end routine, which checks the masterdata, and regenerate almost the same amount of records with different attributes..

Thanks

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

missed my reply?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The endroutine, regenerate almost the same amount of records with different key value, it checks the masterdata, and depending upon the attribute value, it generate the same datarecord with diff. Key value.

By going W-DSO, we eliminate SID entries.

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am just wondering on your requirement to load from standard DSO to W-DSO. Generally, we do reverse in our data models.

Already your data is overwritten and slightly aggregated by based on Key fields in standard DSO. What is the point in loading to W-DSO, where every record will have its unique Id. I feel you need to change your flow in reverse manner.