Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC connection/ user ID set up for eCATT

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to run eCATT test scripts that I have created in my test client with different user IDs. So run scripts in the same test system but with a different user ID, based on the business process.

Based on this thread: https://scn.sap.com/thread/1473289.pdf, the way I understand this is done is via the system data container where you associate different RFC connections, 1 each for every user ID.

Is this possible to do though? Can you create multiple RFC destinations for the same system, each with a different user ID?

In SM59, when I specify the same RFC destination a second time, I get the error message - Destination already created!

I'd appreciate if someone can shed light on how they've done this. Also, step by step instruction on the SM59 set up would be helpful.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AjayHS
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This can handled with 2 approach :

- either you create a generic user to your target system and use this user details in the RFC which you create on the system where your eCATT reside

- other way to handle this is to create Trusted RFC where you dont provide any user details but your user has to be trusted user on the target system , here validation happens if your user is Trusted user and accordingly its allowed to execute the script on the target system.

I would recommend you to create trusted RFC.

Hope it helps

Thanks,

Aj

8 REPLIES 8

AjayHS
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This can handled with 2 approach :

- either you create a generic user to your target system and use this user details in the RFC which you create on the system where your eCATT reside

- other way to handle this is to create Trusted RFC where you dont provide any user details but your user has to be trusted user on the target system , here validation happens if your user is Trusted user and accordingly its allowed to execute the script on the target system.

I would recommend you to create trusted RFC.

Hope it helps

Thanks,

Aj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I'll try the generic user method (your first response) - seems simpler!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ajay,

I have 1 follow up question in this regard:

If you set up a trusted RFC to the Q system (from SolMan), will the client then need to be open for you to connect and develop the script and execute it? or can it stay closed?

Thanks,
Archana

AjayHS
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Trusted RFC behaves just like non-Trusted RFC its just that in Trusted RFC you dont maintain login details where in non-Trusted RFC you maintain login details.

So if i understand you right you are talking about keeping the SAP session of the system opened where you run you application, am i right ?

Or are you talking about opening SolMan system ?

Thanks,

Aj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neither. Let's assume my eCATT test cases are going to reside in SolMan. In case of a non-trusted RFC, I was told the target client (where the scripts will be recorded and run) needs to be opened.

By open, I mean opened from a BASIS perspective, to allow table changes etc. (done via SCC4). My BASIS team is not favorable of this option, since it is not a good idea to leave a Q system open.

Hence, my question was - if using a trusted RFC, can the target client stay closed? Or does the very nature of eCATT require the target system to be opened for recording and running scripts?

Thanks,
Archana

AjayHS
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Wheter its trusted or non tursted RFC, your target system on which you execute your ecatt should be allowed for ecatts to execute. There are certain preconfiguration to be done to enable ecatt execution on the target system and the user which you use to connect to the target system through RFC should have authorization to execute the target application manually then it would work through automation.

Thanks,

Aj

former_member184158
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had the same problem,

and I had this message

You are not allowed to execute in -- client ...

1. Start transaction SCC4.You will see a list of all of the clients that have been set up in the system.
  2. Choose Maintain, and acknowledge the warning that the table is cross-client.
  3. Double-click the client in which you want to allow CATT or eCATT.Depending on the release in which you are working, you will see one of two screens.

just enable ecatt to run it.