cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI 7.31 AEX-Message Expired exception while restarted failed message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In our landscape, we are using PI 7.31 AEX-SP05.

Implemented netweaver BPM in our interface,

NW BPM will post the xml to SAP PI which generates IDOCs xml using graphical Mapping. IDOCs are then posted to ECC system.

To generate IDOC, we would need some of the values from the ECC Tables. So in the mapping, RFC call is being performed to lookup for values and then IDOC xml is generated.

If a particular record doesn't exist then fail the message in PI and try processing the failed message on the next day.

Issue I am facinig is whenever I am trying to reprocess the failed message the next day, I am getting below exception.

Transmitting the message to endpoint <local> using connection JPR failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessageExpiredException: Message is no longer valid.

Note:

Interface works fine at runtime and reprocessing of the failed message works fine if I have tried reprocessing failed message within few hrs but not on the next day

Any pointers would be really helpful.

Thanks & Regards

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

I am having same issue as well. If you have found out the answer please let me know.

Thanks

Will

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Will,

Open the file 'jpf.properties' that exist at location '/usr/sap/<SYSID>/SYS/global/xi/' then set the below parameter with the time duration in msec for the message to be valid '

'com.sap.aii.proxy.xiruntime.connection.timeoutInMSec = <time in msec>'

This parameter is dynamic and doesn't require a restart of system.

Please let me know if it worked for you or not.

Regards

Ram

Answers (0)