cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QR Codes using SAP Adobe forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are printing QR code labels using SAP Adobe forms and using Zebra printers (Z4MPLUS, ZM400 ) for this. Size of the QR code that is being printed is small and we want that to be printed bigger than current size.

Could anyone help us on how to increase the QR code size? We have tried changing the module height and width in XML Source, but no luck.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have exactly the same problems, also with the same Zebra Models.

could you solvent this issue already?

Would be kind if you could give feedback.

Thanks.

Regards,

Ray

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Change the Module height and width in XML source. And also change Support parameter of QR Code to 'Software' from 'Hardware' in XDC file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

I've already changed the module height and width in the XML source.

Today, I've taken a look at the xdc file ("zpl300.xdc").

I've changed the QRCode and codeQR to "software" support.

Is this OK according to your suggestion?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anyone have a solution for this ?

We have the same issue on ZM400 and GX430 Zebra labelprinters.

The QR barcode is printed very small on the label.

We changed ModuleHeight en ModuleWidth in de adobe xml source.

We changed the QRCode en CodeQR to "software" support in both XDC files : zpl203.xdc and zpl300.xdc.

However after changing the XDC file from "hardware" to "software" support, the QR barcode is not printed on the label.

Any suggestions ?

The QR code is displayed correctly in de Adobe LiveCycle Designer (with the correct size).

Thanks in advance.

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dieter,

you need to check your printers-guide. Zebra-printers are not supporting all sizes of QR-Codes. There are a multiplier available. I'm not sure what it is, but I read something about it and last but not least, ZEBRA is a member of the PRinter Vendor Program and have a special mail for SAP-Projects.

~Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dieter,

Is your problem got solved ? If yes please share the solution, I am facing the same issue

Thanks & Regards,

Priya Reddy

0 Kudos

Priya,

I'm sorry, but my problem is not yet solved.

I have put this issue on hold for the moment.

Currently we are still printing small QR barcodes on our labels.

As soon as i found a solution i will share it in the forum thread.

Dieter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Thank you Dieter

0 Kudos

I picked up this issue again and get it solved.

1) Take a copy of zpl203.xdc to zpl203qr.xdc and change the QR barcode definitions from 'hardware' to 'software'. To edit xdc files, download the xdc editor from SAP. If you do it manually also change the id and name in the xdc header.

2) Execute abap program RSPO0022 and select 'XDC Administration' to upload the new xdc file. Assign device type AZPL203 to the new xdc file.

3) Execute transaction SPAD and check if the zebra output device uses device type AZPL203.

4) Edit the adobe form and change moduleheight and modulewidth of the QR barcode in XML Source. I created a test form to print several QR codes with different sizes. Some sizes will be printed on the zebra printer, others won't.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dieter,

Thanks for your post.

Could you please elaborate and explain and show an example of what you mean by : also change the id and name in the xdc header.

How many places do I have to change from hardware to software>

ake a copy of zpl203.xdc to zpl203qr.xdc and change the QR barcode definitions from 'hardware' to 'software'. To edit xdc files, download the xdc editor from SAP. If you do it manually also change the id and name in the xdc header.

Thanks

Moshe

0 Kudos

Hi Moshe,

If you copy paste the xdc file, you can edit de new file and change the name and id in the xml header node 'xdc'.

Original file zpl203.xdc :

<xdc name="zpl203" id="zpl203" xmlns="http://www.xfa.org/schema/xdc/1.0/">

Copied file zpl203qr.xdc

<xdc name="zpl203qr" id="2b19105d-3755-49ca-a134-e13e595d5a31" xmlns="http://www.xfa.org/schema/xdc/1.0/">

This forum thread applies to printing QR codes on a Zebra labelprinter.

So you should only change the 2 QR barcode definitions.

<barcodeDefinition errorCorrectionLevel="HQML" support="software" textEncoding="Shift-JIS" type="codeQR"/>

<barcodeDefinition errorCorrectionLevel="HQML" support="software" textEncoding="Shift-JIS" type="QRCode"/>

I hope this was helpful.

Dieter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dieter,

Thank you very much for your fast reply.

Is the ID given by you (us) generated  or any ID is OK?

what about the xmlns ? where did you get the address from?

Thanks again,

Moshe

Moshe,

The xmlns address is copied from the original xdc file.

The id can be changed manually in the file, but i think that a new guid is also generated automatically when uploading the xdc file to the ads server (with abap program RSPO0022 - XDC administration - Upload XDC file).

Dieter