cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2-steps picking complex and questions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello WM friend,

We have a 2-steps picking business process (sales order with outbound) presently in one of our client company and we would like to introduce standard SAP 2-steps picking. Could you please let me know if the following step-by-steps of system configuration and Transaction Execution are correct if you happen to have this area of expertise?

A - System Configuration;

1. Warehouse Management - Interfaces - Shipping - 2-Step Picking;è Enter “2” on the “2stP” column and check the “2-stMatl” checkbox.
    Question: If I only want to have certain material to execute via 2-step picking, I should flagged the “2-stMatl”, that means ONLY material with MLGN- L2SKR = 2 in the material master can perform 2-step picking function?
  2. Assignment of WM movement type of 850 (i.e. removal of two-steps) to IM movement type in the MM-IM interface;
    Question: Does the 2-step standard WM movement type of 850 require to link to any IM movement type? When I check table T321 (i.e. IM/WM
    movement interface), there is no any IM movement links to this WM movement type of 850, hence, is this step require?
  3. Storage Type search table with Operation of 2-steps.

B - Transaction Execution;

B-1 REMOVAL to 850 storage area for first pick.

1. Create a group object by using VL06O to manually group outbound deliveries into one group. (withdrawal).
  2. Create the transfer order with the group object using LT0E.
  3. Confirm the Transfer Order.
    Question: At this stage, all picked materials are physically moved from storage bin to the WM movement type of 850, is this correct?

B-2 ALLOCATION material to their final destination for second pick.

1. Create a separate transfer order for all the individual outbound deliveries grouped in B-1 via Wave Pick Monitor (VL37), choose Subsequent Functions ® 2-step Picking ® Allocation/Direct Picking ® Start Group.
  2. Print the individual transfer order.
  3. Execute the goods movements for the allocation step and transfer the materials for the group to the goods issue zone.
    Question: How to perform this step, what transaction code?
  4. Confirm the transfer order.

Regards,
tuff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find the answers to your queries below.

Question: If I only want to have certain material to execute via 2-step picking, I should flagged the “2-stMatl”, that means ONLY material with MLGN- L2SKR = 2 in the material master can perform 2-step picking function?

Yes. Based on the 2 step picking indicator in material master WM 1 view, system will include the material for 2 step picking.  However, you can change the relevance of a material for individual activities in a separate transaction (LT72) once the group has been formed.

Does the 2-step standard WM movement type of 850 require to link to any IM movement type?

No its not needed. This is because, you are doing this step only @ WM level for ease of operation i.e. you are clubbing different outbound deliveries as a group and performing the picking activities.

Question: At this stage, all picked materials are physically moved from storage bin to the WM movement type of 850, is this correct?

Yes. The materials will be moved from the destination storage type to the interim storage type 200 (for 2 Step Picking)

Question: How to perform this step, what transaction code?

You can use the transaction - LX39

Thanks n Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP FC,

I am still quite confused on the first question and the last question.

First Question: you said "Yes. Based on the 2 step picking indicator in material master WM 1 view, system will include the material for 2 step picking.  However, you can change the relevance of a material for individual activities in a separate transaction (LT72) once the group has been formed."

In another word, if a material does not have MLGN- L2SKR = 2 in the material master, you means I can make use of this LT72 (offcourse I need to create the group first via VL06O) to make the MLGN- L2SKR to become "2" in the mateial master by clicking the "Redetermine 2-step Picking" button below on the figure?

If this is what you meant, then it does not work as when I click the button, there is no 2 value in the material master for that L2SKR field. Could you elaborate a bit maybe I misunderstood you?

Last Question: you said "You can use the transaction - LX39"

This question is about "Execute the goods movements for the allocation step and transfer the materials for the group to the goods issue zone. "

Hence, when I am in this screen, which button I should use to achive the above action given that create TO will be performed on step 1 of B-2 (see my previous forum on B-2) and confirm TO will be perform step 4 of B-2 (see my previous forum on B-2).

Could you, perhaps, explain a little further on this?

Thanks/Regards,

tuff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tuff,

First Question -

If a material does not have MLGN- L2SKR = 2 in the material master, then you can use LT72 - Activate 2 Step Picking button which will consider the material for 2 step picking. (This will not have an impact in the material master)

Similarly if you dont want 2 step picking for a material you can use the deactivate 2 step picking button.

Second Question -

In LX39, all the group are with status red which means the 2 step picking removal is not yet completed.

You can complete the same using the transaction - LT0E.

Once the removal for 2 step picking is completed then stock will available in the interim 2 step picking storage type 200. You can use the LX39 with group status as green, select the line item and click on create TO's.

Thanks n Regards,

Ram

Message was edited by: SAP FC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tuffy,

Just to add to the above..

Using LT72, you can

• Redetermine 2-step picking: Incase if the Material Master is set for 2 step picking after delivery, can redetermine 2st picking relavence.

• Activate / Deactivate 2-Step picking: It will be set 2st picking relavence only at group level.

Thanks & Regards,

Uswin

Answers (0)