Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wrong calculation by MWST

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My MWST is calculating wrong values for the tax. Any idea?

here it should have calculated for the 144.80 @ 23% - 33.30 but why is it is caluculating 33.33?

the total value should have been 178.10 but the wrong value is coming up as 178.13.

Upon analysis not much use.

however this below screen shot may be helpful.

I have also checked the document type and did not see any rounding rule set.

Item category is TAN and completely standard.

so not sure, so if you guys have any idea.

Regards,

Sridhar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Here I found some thing very interesting.

SAP calculates the Net VAT (MWST) to the correct value at the  bottom line, but rounds up and adjust with the highest calculated priced line item. I have checked randomly few

more invoices and found rounding can be seen for the highest calculated priced line item.

For example: 

Line item 40 in the sales order had the highest value and there the SAP rounded up.

Only two line  and with the highest calculated value, the value is rounded up again here for an another order with 2 line items:

and the rounding up/down

It means when ever in a sales order if you have 2 or more line items, system first will see the highest priced line item, and then it will adjust the MWST with rounding up or down which you might not see for other line items.

How to see:

Go to Item conditions - select MWST condition type for higher priced line item - and double click and there you might see,

if you go to other line items for the same conditiion type MWST where you might not see.

Thanks

Sridhar.

rahul_vishwakarma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

First go and check the Pricing Procedure for the same.

1. All the condition calculating value is correct or not. I mean "FROM" & "TO".

2. For Tax Condition check that you had maintained the Calculation Alt Type or not.

3, check any routines are not exit.

Hope this will solve your issue.

Regards,

Kundan

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The same pricing procedure is working for all the line items perfectly so I dont think it is right to suspect on pricing procedure.

the discussion in concerned is line item 5 which is the only one has this problem.

thats the reason checked material as well, but nothing specific.

so dont know where is the bug.

Regards,

Sridhar

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sridhar,

Is this particular Item (with incorrect MWST calculation) is largest Item in the Sales Order?

If yes, then go to T-Code - V/06 & check whether check box for RoundDiffComp (Under Group Condition)  is ticked marked or not?

If yes then system add the Rounding difference of all the Items to the largest Item.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Please check in V/06 tcode for your condition type MWST - the value for the field "Rounding Rule" under Control Data 1 section. Should be blank if rounding is not required.

Please check and revert.

Regards