Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work item is not generating when getting the reply email from inquired person

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Can you please help me for resolving the below issue

1) In the part of Incident Processing any  incident inquiry is send to employee from Incident Manager from People tab   email is triggering to particular employee and he is able to open the form and once completion of filling required data if he press send button Automatic mail is triggering with Incident Manager Mail id . But the same is not converting in to work item.not getting in to Incident manager work overview

we are maintained all configurations , if any thing is still yet to configure

1) . " SAP_EHSM_HSS_INCIDENT_EML_REC "Role assigned to Incident Manager & Mail id of IM is maintained in IM User

2) Inbound processing setup was done

Balajee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balajee,

Have you checked the EHSM log files in transaction SLG1 ?

This will tell you if any errors occurred in the inbound handler of the email. (Your log file shows sending of emails, I would expect to see an inbound message after the user has submitted the form). If you can't find an entry in here it is unlikely that the exit handler has been called.

I assume you are using the standard workflow template WS00500002 (for offline investigation enquiry processing?) If you look at this workflow (in transaction SWDD) you will see there is a wait step called "wait for e-mail" response which is triggered by the inbound exit class. If you are not "seeing" a work item in SAP Business Worfkflow Inbox (SWBP) it is because this event has not been triggered.

It is possible to switch on the event trace (transaction SWELS) and view it (transaction SWEL) to see if this in fact happens. Once this event is triggered, the investigator will be shown a decision task to decide if they would like to accept the information for the investigation (see screen shot of template below).

Bottom line, I would check that your inbound email is being handled correctly by the SAP system.

Kind Regards,

Warren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Warren

I was checked the WF (00500002) & found it is activated even in graphical image also all steps are defined until closing of WF Task .

If i Check the Event Trace i found work flow is triggering and comes up to the step of  "waiting for Reply " without any errors. so i feel there may not be any issue with WF ( Screen Shots attached below) , 

Still i am unable to get the any information of replied information from the inquired person  in the logs , after send the reply to the enquiry , if i check the trace & as well as in Application log  there is no information i was getting there ,

Balajee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balajee,

If the workflow is still in the "waiting" step, then your inbound email configuration is likely incorrect. i.e. the inbound handler has not been triggered. This is caused either by a routing error on the email (e.g. Outlook exchange server routing rule) or on the SMTP inbound configuration (SMTP node / basis settings) or your exit class configuration (transaction SO50). Please resend the inbound email and check the trace / log files for resolution.

Good Luck,

Warren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Warren & Edward

iam able to get the log from SLG1 for inbound processing of mails (replies for inquiries) iam getting below log , but not able to get any work item in manager work overview.

I was tested the form again using Programme "R_EHHSS_P_CR_OFFL_REC_FORMS".

Here i have once more question for processing Maintenance notification we will use   SAP_COCKPIT_EAMS_GENERIC_FUNC2 role , similarly for processing quality & service requests which roles we have assign to the concern users.

Balajee

wayne_xy_wang
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, Balajee,
My EHS Management extension is 4.0. I have the same situation as your issue now. would you plealse tell me how to sort it out if this issue has been figured out.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you please let me know where exactly you are facing issue and do you check all above possible steps

Thank you

Balajee

wayne_xy_wang
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,Balajee,

Thanks for your reply.

I have the same susituation. I sent incident inquiry to employee and he filled and send back. the outlook could receive the filled form, but no work item was generated in the incident manager work view. And workflow is still in the "waiting" step.

moreover, the other workflows still work except this one.

all the configurations as follow:

1. assign the role SAP_EHSM_HSS_EML_REC to the email user "MAILSEND".

2. the inbound email configuration

3. specify the email for the form

Can you tell me the reason and how to fix it.

wayne_xy_wang
Explorer
0 Kudos

Would you pleas tell me the two below configurations:

1. Inbound email configuration

2. Must the Incident Manager and witness have the role "SAP_EHSM_HSS_EML_REC"?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member209335
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Balajee,

Check Mr.Warren suggestion also. i found one blog for inbound mail processing configuration. have a look this blog.However, this is very useful for you.

http://scn.sap.com/people/thomas.jung/blog/2004/09/09/receiving-e-mail-and-processing-it-with-abap--...

Edward

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i generate the Trace Log ,and i wondered  that exit Handler "CL_EHHSS_INC_INB_PROC_BCS "is not calling. I was tested  the Exit handler in Test Environment , and didn't found any error and it is in Activated mode only.

Trace file is mentioned below

I was Checked the Inbound processing settings and found OK

Even In "SAP Connect " services also we are assigned Exit handler

Balajee

former_member209335
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Balajee,

Go to T-code SBWP. Here, Check your Inbound workflow status and update me. check this below note some information available for partner profile

Go to Su01 Assign sapconnect and sap_all (testing purpose) profile for user WF-BATCH

1776471  - EDI: Partner profile inbound not available

Edward

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edward

Sap Connect & SAP_ALL profiles are already assigned to WF-batch.

When checked in the Workflow log i didn't found any Inbound error messages Screen shot attached below

Balajee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balajee,

There could be a number of issues causing your error.

Looking at your config I think you may have the wrong "document" type configured against the inbound user. Try entering an asterix * or BIN (for binary) against the user.

If this does not work then I suggest you switch on the trace in transaction SCOT:

Then you can interrogate the log file for the reason why your exit class is not being called.

Here is an example of the trace file:

You should then see an entry in the application log (transaction SLG1) showing the results of the inbound processing:

Hope this helps.

Regards, Warren

former_member209335
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Balajee

In Customizing activity "Define Inbound Processing for E-Mails", it is stated that the PFCG role SAP_EHSM_HSS_INCIDENT_EML_REC has to be assigned to the user SAPCONNECT. However, if you have assigned another system user already for the e-mail configuration instead of SAPCONNECT, the functionality will not work.

You have assigned the PFCG role SAP_EHSM_HSS_INCIDENT_EML_REC to the user that processes incoming e-mails (default user is SAPCONNECT).

"This role contains the authorization profiles(check your basis team , they will tell you profile details) needed to receive and process e-mails. You can find the user ID that is assigned as the user for processing incoming e-mails in the SMTP Host node in transaction SICF."

Define Inbound Processing for E-Mails

Use

An e-mail inbound process is often required in the SAP EHS Management (EHS-MGM) component. For example, the recipient of an injury completes a form and sends it back to a pre-defined e-mail address. When the e-mail is received in the system, the system calls an exit handler (functional class) that automatically reads the attached form, and then sends the information to the corresponding workflow. The system attaches the returned form to the relevant workflow and the business process continues.

In this Customizing activity, a system administrator can define an e-mail address that should receive the relevant form and then binds an exit handler to that e-mail address. Thus, the system administrator defines how the system processes such inbound e-mails.

Requirements

• You have configured the inbound e-mail address for each form in the Customizing activity specify forms

• Your company's e-mail system is set up in such a way that it forwards the e-mail to the SAP EHS Management component based on the e-mail address that is configured for the form.

• You have assigned the e-mail recipient PFCG role to the user that processes incoming e-mails (default user is SAPCONNECT). This role contains the authorization profiles needed to receive and process e-mails. You can find the user ID that is assigned as the user for processing incoming e-mails in the SMTP Host node in transaction SICF.

• E-mail recipient PFCG role for incident management: SAP_EHSM_HSS_INCIDENT_EML_REC

Standard settings

There is a default exit handler that logs the e-mails that are received using the SAP Application Log. You can use transaction SLG1 to view the log.

• Exit handler: CL_EHHSS_INC_INB_PROC_BCS
  • Object: EHHSS_BO_INC
  • Subobject: EHHSS_AIF_INC_INBD

Activities 

In this Customizing activity, you specify the following parameters:

• Communication Type: Internet Mail

• Recipient Address: Specify the e-mail address that you configured for the corresponding form in Specify Forms. If you use an asterisk (*) as the value, this inbound handler is called for each e-mail address. However, it is recommended that you use the e-mail address that you configured.

• Document Class: *

• Exit Name: CL_EHHSS_INC_INB_PROC_BCS

If you want to change how the e-mail exit handler behaves, you can create your own implementation that inherits from the default class. In this case, go to transaction SE24, create a new class that inherits from CL_EHHSS_INC_INB_PROC_BCS, and modify the HANDLE_FORMS method

Check and update me.

Edward

Message was edited by: Edward Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edward

Thank you for u reply

we assigned this role "SAP_EHSM_HSS_INCIDENT_EML_REC" who done the SMTP configuration (User :Basis Admin ). as per the information  i found in SICF (T.code.)

Still the problem is remain same.

If i checked in the "SLG1" , i dint found any log of in processing emails .

Still i am not getting any information which authorization profiles are required for this user.

Balajee