cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How MRP able to know which PR doc type to use when MRP Group NOT in material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am very interested on knowing this topic and I am sure some folk out there having the same question:

HOW does MRP-run able to pick-up which PR document type to use for PR creation?

Scanning through the website on SDN, I notice most experts out there recommend using MRP Group with transaction code OPPZ, OPPR, OMDT, OMDV, etc. which are all related to MRP group.

However, there are situation in which MRP group is not being use for certain company already in place in their production system.

Hence, beside all those OXXX transaction code for the MRP group, where to find out this WHEN MRP GROUP NOT USE (i.e. NOT IN PLACE in material master, and yet, the SAP still able to figure out which PR doc type to use after MRP-run).

Looking forward your feedback…

Regards,
Tuff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP uses NB in standard, if you want it different, then you have to use the MRP groups, as described in OSS Note 46919 - Doc.type for PReq during conversion from planned order

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

With above t.codes:OPPZ, OPPR, OMDT & OMDV- you need to check assignment of your Purchase Requisition document type to ME51 and ME51N t.codes in following path:

SPRO -> MM -> Purchasing ->  Define Default Values for Document Type

Regards,

Biju K

former_member183155
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to change PR doc type for MRP scop of list...

SPRO-MM-Consumption based planinig

regards...

M.Ozgur Unal