Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set automatically a cost center for a balance sheet account

antoniorojasa
Explorer
0 Kudos

Good day!

I want a cost center to be automatically set when posting in an balance sheet account in an FI document . How can I do this?

Many thanks!

Regards,

Antonio

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

antoniorojasa
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your insightful response,

Dhawal, it is for business requirements in JVA the need a cost center in some balance accounts.

Rajneesh, in this case this accounts are not for fixed assets nor inventory accounts.

Vijay, I was trying to avoid substitutions, but I think that is the way.

Thanks!

Antonio

kartik_r
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Antonio,

Please try entering your balance sheet accounts in the GJBA transaction - balance sheet accounts for splitting. Accounts here esp tax / accrual accounts are included in splitting (and hence get cost objects) even though they are balance sheet accounts.

Regards,

Kartik

rajneesh_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Antonio

You can create Cost elements under category 90 for 'Fixed Assests' and 'Inventory accounts' by using 'Edit Cost Element' function at FS00 itself.  Then you can default cost center in this cost element. But Cost elements created so will be Statistical only.

Else you can try Mr Vijay's suggestion.

Regards

Rajneesh Saxena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do via subtituion.

transaction code GGB1.

step- choose cost center - constant value

Prerequite

G/L in set ( create set using GS01 = > enter the set name and table name as BSEG => and input the field name as SAKNR and maintain the list of balancesheet GL in the set)

Substitution

Field                                            is substituted by:

BSEG  KOSTL                             XXX ( your cost center)

former_member682878
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Antonio,

What is the reason for this requirement?

However, you cannot do it. Reasons -

1. Cost centers are assigned to cost elements

2. Cost elements that are assigned to cost centres are P&L accounts with CE category 1

3. Balance sheet accounts are not created as cost elements. Hence, no assignments to cost centres.

Cheers!!

Dhawal Mehta