cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable search in list of values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am using a query prompt to extract a large amount of data for the user to select one of. As thee are 10,076 of these there are far too many being loaded into the query prompt and the user not onyl has to wait a long time to view them but it does even display all of the items only down to ab. I have seen someone use a query prompt in dashboards with the binocular icon visible. I believe this has been achieved by selecting the prompt > behaviour > common > "enable search in list of values" is greyed out and as such I am unable to select it. I believe if this were ticked I would have the binoculars in my prompt and thus the ability to search the prompt rather than painfulyl scroll down and select next, next etc.....

thanks

Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have figured this out. To enable search in the query prompt you must create a prompt in bex. Yout hen do not create a prompts in dashboards and you can select it and hey presto it i searchable and works.

HOWEVER......if you then add prompts in dashboards the prompt from bex disappears. It appears you can only have either or. SAP is this a bug why can I not have prompts from bex and dashboards together?

I need this as the user will select the bex prompt to filter down the data in the other prompt in dashboards which has 10,076 records.

PLEASE HELP OR CONFIRM IF BUG SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael ,

I already suggested you to Create a filter prompt in SAP Bex Query instead of Query Browser on

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeetan.........Your missing the point!!! I don't need just one i need multiple. Also if they all come from Bex this will not filter down the results. I need prompts fromb oth bex and dashboards not either or.

If you want to be helpful find out why i cannot have bex and dashboard prompts as per my screenshot above please?

Is this a bug? You cannot have dashboard AND bex prompts. You need both. My dashboard is filtering down lot's of data and I cannto bind data as there are too many records my friend.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any ideas please?

vijaymuniraj
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check whether the query has external access in Query designer.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

How do I do this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay ,

Why do we require to check " Allow External access in Bex Query " for above issue .

Michael ,

Just for your knowledge purpose the above option is available in BW  Bex Query Properties in Designer.

And it is not related to our issue as it must be already available .

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have found this:-

https://ideas.sap.com/ct/ct_a_view_idea.bix?c=E827808B-89E8-45A5-BBA9-9A3F6F1DA703&idea_id=2C2AFEDC-...

Can this be done with with dashboards 4.0? If so can you tell me what optinos to select in BEX please and then dashboards to allow em to search the prompt please?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Michael ,

kindly check whether search option is enabled in Query Prompt Selector and

also go through below snapshots .

Regards

Jeetan Jagtap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jeetan jagtap

Thank you very muchf or your reply.  The tick box is greyed out? Any ideas why? I have set this query as a prompt.

Thanks

mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Michael ,

kindly whether under properties following option is checked or not and if not then kindly check it

and then you will find search option .

Regards

Jeetan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI jeetan jagtap

I kind of gathered that this would need to be selected but didn't realise you had to do this and then the other option you mentioned above.

BOTH ARE GREYED OUT. SAP  why is this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Michael ,

This would happen if you have created a prompt in Query Browser instead of Bex Query hence

i suggest you to create prompt filters in Bex query and use the same in Dashboard as Query Prompt Selector .

Regards

Jeetan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael ,

As per my understanding Search option is not available for Prompts created in Bex Query hence as discussed above kindly create Prompt Filters in Bex Query .

Regards

Jeetan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dude what you have said is an oxymoron.

"As per my understanding Search option is not available for Prompts created in Bex Query"

"kindly create Prompt Filters in Bex Query"

I presume you mean create the prompt in bex not dashboards buddy? :@)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO USE THE SEARCH OPTION IN THE QUERY PROMPT PLEASE!!!!! I have added the item to the filter and selected promp, saved it then opened in dashboards. Opened a query prompt and set it to this but the items are still greyed out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael ,

Thanks for updating and yeah i mean the same here is the correction

As per my understanding Search option is not available for Prompts created in Query Browser hence as discussed above kindly create Prompt Filters in Bex Query .

Regards

Jeetan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeetan

I have created the prompt in bex as a variable. When this is brought throught o dashboards you have to add this ass a query. I am then selecting equal to and then prompt. What am I am doing wrong Jeetan?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any Ideas please SAP?