cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Crystal Reports Editor in Visual Studio 2013 Preview?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Visual Studio 2005, if I double-click a *.RPT file in Solution Explorer, the file opens in the Crystal Reports editor.
In Visual Studio 2013 Preview, if I double-click a *.RPT file, it opens in Notepad.  How do I get it to use the Crystal Reports editor again, please?

There must be at least part of Crystal Reports in Visual Studio 2013 Preview, because when I run the program it is able to view Crystal Reports, I just can't edit them!

Thanks and RICKgards
Rick Raubenheimer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Service Pack 9 for SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio is now available for download. Don't forget that to integrate CRVS into VS IDE you must run the install exe(!). And yes, CRVS SP 9 does support VS 2013. List of fixes and Supported Platforms documentation coming next week.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Visual Studio 2013 does not support Cassini which is needed for Crystal Reports asp.net application.

How can we develop asp.net without Cassini?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a new question. Please create a new Discussion.

- Ludek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Currently because VS 2013 is RC build CR installer does not integrate into the VS IDE.

Likely the next patch after VS 2013 goes GA should support it, possibly Service Pack 8.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Don
Thank you for the response.  I don't understand your acronym GA (RC is "Release Candidate", I think) but what you are telling me is that Crystal Reports, and hence Visual Studio 2013 Preview, are useless to me at present. When will Crystal Reports support Visual Studio 2013, please?

Thanks and RICKgards

Rick Raubenheimer

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Currently, the intent is to support VS 2013 in 1st quarter of 2014.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

0 Kudos

GA = General Availability

david_mills02
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ludek

Is there any method of receiving a message / update that support for VS 2013 is available?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Two ways:

Follow us on Twitter and/or check the Featured Content on the main page of this SCN Topic Space.

- Ludek