cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class name of StartStop Servers Probe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've accidentally deleted the probe "Start/Stop Servers" in CMC.

Now I've tried to re-register it, but am missing the name of the class.

I've just managed to find com.businessobjects.monitoring.probe.XXX so far.

Does anyone know the full name of the probe?

Or is there any way to get it back?

Thanks in advance.

Dominik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Toby_Johnston
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dominik

The class name is:

com.businessobjects.monitoring.probe.CMSLogOnOffProbe

However, you don't need to register it that way.  You can reinstall the probe using the DFO.

1.  On the BI 4.x host where you have a Central Management Server running, browse to <INSTALL_DRIVE>:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\dfo

2.  Search for the probe's default object by the probe name (BusinessObjects_MON_StartStopServersProbe_dfo.xml)

3.  Copy the probe's dfo file from <INSTALL_DRIVE>:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\dfo to <INSTALL_DRIVE>:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\packages

4.  Restart the CMS.  The probe will be back again

Thanks

Toby

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know this is dated post. But we did exactly what you suggested but nothing happened. I even tried to copy the DFO and name it '2' but still nothing.

former_member398039
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

Can you please elaborate what you are trying to accomplish? You are trying to recreate the CMS Logon Logoff probe or Start Stop Server probe? What DFO file did you try to use? I would suggest to create a new SCN post so your question will have better visibility.

Regards,

James

Toby_Johnston
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

Actually there is a problem with my previous 'correct answer'.  In order to install from DFO you would have to also delete the corresponding deployment file in addition to the DFO object before re-installing it.

In retrospect, the best way to re-add the probe is to just register it as a new probe using the classname com.businessobjects.monitoring.probe.CMSLogOnOffProbe.  Have you tried this?

If this doesn't work, I'll give you the complete steps to reinstall the DFO.

Thanks

Toby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Toby,

Are you suggesting use the CMC to create a new Probe. I tried that but it wasn't very clean.

Meaning I wanted to replicate the BILaunchpad and it just didn't look the same and I didn;t have the dropdown for authentication etc...

Toby_Johnston
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

Ok thanks for confirming.  It sounds like reinstalling the DFO is the only way to go then.

You can use the script in this kb article:  https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2145849/E

The DFO you need to reinstall is: BusinessObjects_MON_StartStopServersProbe_dfo.xml

If you have any questions on the script, let me know.

Regards
Toby

former_member398039
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

In addition to Toby's solution, if you are trying to recreate the BI LaunchPad probe, the DFO file is BusinessObjects_MON_InfoViewProbe_dfo.xml.

Regards,

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me try that.

I have one question though

1. should I back up the whole DFO folder or just the DFO's I want to add back. Don't want to delete the CMS's probes that are working.

DO I have to run the DFOcleanup bat? Doesn't look like it from the note.

former_member398039
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

You should only need to backup the DFO that you are trying to reinstall. At the end of the KBA Toby mentioned, for single DFO, you can use the DFOCleanUp.bat rather than the multipledfocleanup.bat.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help James and Toby it worked.

My default probes are back and yes you only need to copy the dfo that you want to recreate no need to take a backup of all the dfo's

Answers (0)