cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to run a BI report on Bex and portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP BW Experts,

I am experiencing a problem when running a BI report based on multiprovider with 2 cubes and a DSO wherein 1 cube is a Virtual nfoprovider (Remote cube).

Below is the error displayed.

Error reading the data of Infoprovider - XXX (Multiprovider with 1regular cube, 1 Remote cube and a DSO)

Error while extracting from source - GXXX (Generic data source)

Error in substep

Error occured during parallel processing of query

Error while reading the data; navigation is posible

I am able to pull the data using listcube and also 'Activate direct access' for the remote cube is done.

Could you please help to fix the issue?

Thanks much in advance.

Regards,

Mohan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In addition I just tried to pull the data only from the Remote cube but ended up with below error.

Error while extracting from source GXX (type DataSource)

Error in substep

Error reading the data of InfoProvider

Looks like some issue when extracting the data from source system. But the IP which pulls the data into PSA for the other data targets from the same datasource is successful.

In case of remote cube where and How do I check the issue. Is basis can help ?

Appreciate your inputs and in anticipation.

Regards,

Mohan

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi mohan ,

if remote cube was standard one then pls share the name.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suman,

The actual requirement was to display data only from the main cube and hence the restriction, however tried removing the filter on Infoprovider but still the query throws the same error.

Hi Ramanjanulu,

With the same restrictions LISTCUBE displays the data and also all requests on the targets have report symbol.

Appreciate if any other inputs.

Regards,

Mohan

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you checked the authorization part which i proposed?

Remove "Parallel Processing" setting in your query read mode settings in RSRT-->Properties

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you re tried to run your bex query/analyzer, let try and let us know.

Pls go thru below discussion.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3353517

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ramanjaneyulu/Suman,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, connection to source system (ECC) is very well there in place. Tried to run at RSRT after gererating the query but still not able to display data in report for the defaulted variable screen values.

I can see the data if I change the defaulted varibale screen values. Say defaulted year is 2013 and some other selections, If I change the year to 2009/2010 and other values report displays output.

Also for the same defaulted varible screen values listcube is displaying the data but report doesn't. There is a filter applied at the report level to display data only from the other Infocube...so it is restricting the data from remote cue and DSOand should display the data from other main cube but it is not working that is the issue.

Thanks in anticipation

Regards,

Mohan

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Remove the filter on 0infoproviderr in query and run for the default selection.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Along with default variable values, take the filter values and try to check data thru LIST CUBE.whether its displays or not.

Check at targets whether all request(upto date) have report symbol(dso and cube)

check Filling of aggreagtes for cube if any.

Thanks

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It must be due to insufficient authorization on Template : S_RO_OSOA_TMPL - Display/Maintain/Extract DataSource (OSOA) in PFCG

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Virtula cube connected data source(source system) connections are in place?

Have your tried to run report at RSRT.

at RSRT, try generate your query and try to see data at bex analyzer.

Thanks