cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to import raw reports into EHS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I know there is a way to import a raw report into SAP so that it shows up in CG50, but i am not sure of the steps to get there.

I am starting with Word documents, AND i have the ability to strip those word documents of Section 1 (so that only Sections 2-16 remain).

How does one set up the import though, in terms of linking the RTF file to the material, adding a date, version, etc...

thanks for any advice!

Scott Amoroso

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

You can use Tcode CG36VEN - Import Vendor MSDS.

In the initial screen you can enter below information:

Specification

Generation variant
Report language
Report version
Report date

So by linking the report to specification, it's linked to the materials.

Hope this helps.

Warm regards,

Shawn.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shawn,

thanks, It is important that you know though, these are not vendor MSDSs, but rather they are THIS comnpany's SDSs that we want to import from their legacy SDS system. Therefore, we would want these imported ones to serve as version 1, and then when a new SDS is created, version 2, etc...

So does the term "vendor" msds include my situation too?

thanks

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Scot

your topic is "old" stuff. PLease refer to: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-41109

And SAP Documentation. It is all explained there (ok not really all but the  major steps):

With EnhPAck7 to my knowledge you could import as well other documents.

Refer to http://help.sap.com/erp607 and check EH&S part. http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_07/helpdata/en/a7/287c3e0a6c11d28a220000e829fbbd/content.htm?framese...

The only difference is: I assume you would like to have a "flexible" chapter open topic together with flexibale logo topic. There is up to know now to my knowlegde no similar thread available in this FORUM.

May be you know that you can handle documents (of whatever type) on the level of identifier and as part of e.g. a userdefined text (with enhpack 3 there are nice option to upload "documents" direct in user defined text). As you can retrieve an user defined text in WWI document you can do so with the documents as stored via userdefined text.

The customizing part can be established "easily" (if you know what need to be done) but there is a lack of "mass update". so that the user must prepare the reference to documents in user defined text step by step (I will not drill down here). Using  some suitable WWI reportsymbol you can then retreive the document and generate the "final" report.

What are other options? Answer depend on set up of material master and topic of logo etc. If you have no need of "flexible" chapter one you can use in any case the "pdf" import. But I believe this is not possible in your case.

Hope this helps

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correct, I am not going to be loading PDFs because i want the flexibility of a flexible chapter 1 (like a "normal" CG02 generated report would be). I will be obtaining RTF files of all the documents, I will purposely strip out Section 1, and therefore have pretty close to a raw report as I can get.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Scott

in this case give my proposal a "try" and "play" around with it (upload of RTF file as part of userdefined text). To give some hints. If you start with that you can have some "nice" "Hello" effects in WinWord (as the RTF file does have "formatting" topic included and sometimes you wil get "strange" effects in raw report)). Therefore at the beginning you should invest more time here to make sure that it really works (per language !). And you need to pay attention as per RTF file you need to specify a "Language" in the data record (or you use simply the "english" one (without language) and mix that with e.g. french chapter one etc.

C.B.

PS: and forget about "versioning" etc. In EHS you will get always a new version. Keep in mind: on level of specification you maintain "material" independent data. So depending now how you have "organized" the linkage betweeen REAL_SUB and material may be you need to invest/analyse "deeper"