cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Datepicker on HWC App... does not work for iOS7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have updated a test device to iOS 7 today, and testing one of the Hybrid App developed, I just found out the datepicker does not work. What should I do? How this can be resolve?. The platform that we have is: SMP 2.1.3 PL 02. I checked out for recent patches over marketplace, and there is any for that versión of the platform. I have just stop the upgrading of the users's device to IOS 7 meanwhile our team resolve this issue. The Date field that I'm using is standard (pick out from design UI on sybase workspace). The buttons Works fine, and the alerts and dialogs too. Please help, until now I think this is the only UI Control with problems, but I'm not 100% sure, because i can not pass the consult view, because I can not change the dates for search criteria. I will wait for your kind answers

Regards,

MC

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member228049
Participant
0 Kudos

You said "pick out from design UI on sybase workspace)" ,if "Optimize for appearance"( which is JQM look and feel) or Optimize for performance ( plain html ) when you generated the hybrid app

if you use sybase workspace ??

You could check this from eclipse preferences --> Sybase, Inc-->Mobile Development-->Mobile Workflow Forms Editor

If it's JQM look and feel, the datepicker should work, if it's plain html, iOS 7 doesn't support datatype="date", so no native picker would show up, it seems you have to fill the field by using keyboard. I think .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yan,

Yes, i have checked out what you said and it is "Optimize for appearence", so it's a JQM look and feel activated, but the datepicker does not work on iOS 7. As I mentioned before, the datepicker works fine with iOS 6.3 and previous versios of iOS, on wich obviously HWCApps render the page with JQM Look and feel. I really need to solve this issue, but I really do not think its a development problem or the wrong pick of a UI Element, I think is a platform issue, because this UI Element worked on a specific OS versión, but with the latest it does not work... Please help

Regards,

MC

former_member228049
Participant
0 Kudos

I haven't tested myself, but here is what you  try to do

1. In the SDK eclipse tooling, under your generated folder ./Generated Workflow/yourWorkflow/htm/js/widgets

open the file:  sy.ui.iphone.picker.js

looking for  if ( isIOS6()) {....}else if (isIOS5() ) {...}

2. Change isIOS6() to isIOS() or "true" ( for test purpose )  and save it 

3. Re-deploy it without update generated code ( during the new Mobile Workflow Package Generation wizard, un-check "Update generated code" checkbo )

4. On the device/simulator, to see if datepicker shows up.

Thanks

-yan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yan

I will test this as soon as I can, and I will let you know if this works. If you test it before that I do and it Works please let me know

Regards,

MC

former_member228049
Participant
0 Kudos

we have tested the fix, it worked on iOS7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great Yan,

Awesome that it works!!!. Now I'm guessing is this fix will be released soon within a patch for the workspace and the server???. Because I can do the change, but this change is in a HybridApp's  standard generated code, so I'm asking if this fix will be publish for SAP or I have to ask for it with an OSS Case... If you know something about this, please let me know

Best Regards and nice weekend,

MC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mariana,

Please request the patch with an OSS case.

Thanks,

Andrew.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

I will, thank you guys very much!!!

regards,

MC

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

LudoNoens
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

On iOS7, input type datetime is no longer supported. If you are using input type date, it should work. However, I ran into the same issue as you have.

The workaround I have found is to give the input field a default value (e.g. current date). Then all of a sudden the date picker worked again. I think there are still quite a number of bugs iOS7.

Hope this helps,

Ludo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludo,

Both of my inputfields are filled with calculated dates as default values . all the values are set up with Sybase HWC API.. and the datepicker still does not works...

Thanks anyway

MC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MC,

how did you implement the datepicker?

Developing a HWC app you can simply go with the html input type "date", e.g.:

<input type="date" name="date_order">

And getting:

<input type="date" name="date_order">

This works in all major browser and mobile devices.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Well on Sybase Hybrid Apps, you just have to simple drag and drop the ui element, in this case yes this element is a input field with type DATE. Obviously this worked on iOS 6.3 and bellow OS versions, yesterday after the device's update, the calendar which has to be shown when you focus on the field and let you change the input date, does not appear.... so its not working. When I was on a Project implementing this workflows or HWCApps, something similar happened but at that time SAP released a Patch for the version of the server (SMP) and workspace. I did not find anything on marketplace for this, not newer  patch nor SP, I need to know if someone has this issue right now and how to solve it?

Again my versión is: SMP (formely SUP) 2.1.3 PL 02.

Thanks in advance and thank you peter for helping me out

Regards,

MC