Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound Email Configuration

former_member538160
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

We are trying to configure inbound emails into SAP with exchange server 2007. Followed note 455140 and completed most of the config but couldn't able to get messages into SAP inbox. what we are trying do is, to setup offline workflow approvals. request you guideline and valuable inputs on how to get the desired functionality.

1) created new entries into RZ10 as follows.

is/SMTP/virt_host_0                         *:25000;

icm/server_port_1                           PROT=SMTP,PORT=25000,TIMEOUT=180;

2) Activated SAPConnnect in SICF.

3) Activated ICM->SMTP service.

4) Maintained default domain as test.com in SCOT.(Note: Test.com is not available, just a dummy one).

After restarting the instance, sent a mail from SBWP to my outlook id( mail sender-SAP LOG IN ID@test.com, receiver-rakesh@xxxxx.com).i am able to receive the mail into outlook but when i reply back not reaching SAP inbox(SOIN).

am i missing any thing in the configuration ?. why am i not reaching back to SAP inbox ?.

if we need to create a rule or route in MSEXCHANGE 2007, how can it be created with port 25000.

request your expert opinions.

Thanks,

Rakesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since emails are only required to be received by a single client within each ECC system/instance, there is no need to define the instance parameter…

is/SMTP/virt_host<*> = <host>:<port>,<port>…

Stop/start ECC system so that the instance profile changes take effect.

1)Create system user in target client

Txn SU01…

Create a new system user in target ECC client to be used to process inbound emails.

Userid          Client          Profile

ABCD with authorization profile  S_A.SCON

2)          Client assignment in SMTP server

Txn SICF

a)          Create/activate SMTP server

b)          Maintain Host Data tab 

c)          Maintain Logon Data tab for target client/user:

d)          Maintain Handler List tab…

e)          To save the above SICF changes,  

f)          Activate the SAPconnect service

g)          With the above configuration set, emails can now be received into ECC/client.

Inbound emails (sent to the relevant server/port) can be seen via txn SOIN in the relevant ECC system.

3)          Settings on Mail Server(s)

To be able to receive mails into an SAP ECC system , the mail server needs to be configured to forward the required emails to the relevant SAP host/port by defining routing rules within the mail server.

o          Txn SO28 (SCOT -> Settings -> Inbound Distribution)

Define routing for inbound mail

Use the internal email addresses (technical recipient, or wild cards) as Recipient.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Rishi abrol

former_member538160
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

Thanks for the reply man.

I have tried deleting the virtual host is/SMTP/virt_host<*> = <host>:<port>,<port>..but when this entry was deleted there is no host configuration information in SICF for SAPCONNECT. it is just displayed as '*'. but when i mention the virtual host entry the same is shown as *:25000. what should i do, shall delete the virtual host from RZ10 by keeping host entry as '*' in sicf.

what should be my default domain name in SCOT. can i maintain test.com which doesn't exits any where.

would you please tell me the exact routing, to be done in exchange 2007.

rakesh@test.com->sapwashost:2005. does this peace of code is enough to route the email to sap.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since emails are only required to be received by a single client within each ECC system/instance, there is no need to define the instance parameter. But if you want you can still maintain it no issues in that. You need to maintain the logon details of user abcd in SICF

Below is the note that explains more details.

For the routing in the mail server.

I think you need to get your functional team and the mail server team to do the config.

External mail address(This is the mail address on the mail server)-> <mail configured in sap>@hostname on port 25000.

Note 455140 - Configuration of e-mail, fax, paging or SMS using SMTP

Thanks

Rishi abrol

former_member538160
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi rishi,

Thanks for the reply. we are able to solve the issue. there is a problem in our exchange config. they are working on it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh;  What were the changes made on your exchange server.  Could you please give me a bit of details.  We are trying to configure incoming email.  So my user id and email addess is defined in SU01, we have another user RFC_MAIL with the required authorization to receive incoming email.  Do i need to give the email address for this user in the exchange rule? if my server name is der1s02w and the smtp port configure is 25, then what would the exchange rule look like.  WOuld appreciate your help.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

I Am also facing some exchange server issue, What were the changes made on your exchange server.  Could you please give me with step by step details, so that i will also change my exchange server configuration...

Regards,

Vetri

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

very nice document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am working on an offline workflow approval process.

Here are the things I have already set up and configured:

I have a class that is getting called from program exit tab of the user decision step of my workflow. This class is sending an email to users in their outlook inbox. The email body contains mailto links APPROVEREJECT. When i click on the mail to links it will send an automated email to sandip.barnwal@wf.com

I have a user id configured in the system 'sandip' with email id sandip.barnwal@wf.com

This user is has User group: System

User Type:  Dialog & Comm method:  Remote email

SICF is configured to activate the SMTPNODE and user 'sandip' is also maintained in the SMTPNODE. In SCOT I have configured an inbound class so that i receive the email response and execute a business logic.

I am not receiving the inbound email response for any action taken on the emails sent to automated email id sandip.barnwal@wf.com

Experts please let me know if i am missing anything.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos