cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse over event in VC TableView

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to trigger a R/3 Data service (Remote enable function module) while user move the mouse pointer on top of a TableView Row.  But I could not able to find a predefined event for above action.  Only action I could find is the "Select" event, which will be triggered only after user select a particular TableView.

Scenario is as below :

In TableView, there are few amount columns for which corresponding Amount in Words need to be displayed as a tooltip.  I have created a RFC to convert the amount -> Amount in words.  But even though I move the mouse over any row, tooltip is dispalyed according to the selected row value.

Output -> Tooltip value is wrongly dispalyed (instead of Rupess Ten Thousand.... it is dislayed Rupees Eighty Five...) , as RFC is triggered based on the "Select" event, and "Selected Row" values.

Is it possible to trigger the RFC based on the row, where mouse pointer is positioned?

Thanks & Regards,

Vinod

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JUNG
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

Perhaps you could add a column in your table : it will contain the amount in words.

You could used the join operator to merge you date table with amount in words table.

Make this column as invisible.

You than can use value of this column to display the tool tips.

Rgds

Gilles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gilles,

Thanks for the reply.

I am using a BI info cube/Aggregation level as the data source.  Data is populated using an input ready BEx Query where user can change the Amount.

Since Amount in words can be more than 60 characters, I cannot store this data into an Info-cube characteristic.  User requirement is to show this data as a tool tip only at run-time.

Since Amount-in-words is determined using an R/3 service, I am not able to call this R/3 service dynamically in the BI service (BEx Query) before data is populated into table-view.

Thanks & Regards,

Vinod

JUNG
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

I was thinking about creating a table column in Visual Composer not in BW.

I I understand well, you could obtain a VC Table from BW and another one from R/3 (it will contain the 'amount in word' in the same VC model.

Then you should be able to merge or to use both to handle the tool tip.

Rgds

Gilles