cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help downloading Crystal Reports 2008 SP6 redistributable

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need the Crystal Reports 2008 SP6 redistributable (CRRuntime_12_6_mlb.msi).  According to this page:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-27917

"At this time (May 2013) Service Pack 5 and Service Pack 6 for SAP Crystal Reports 2008 are only available on the SAP Market Service Place. Both SPs should be available soon on SCN via a new SAP Download Portal."

I contacted SAP support because I do not have a SAP Market Service Place account / login and when I tried to register it wants a valid customer ID, which I do not have. I was given this link:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=56787567

Which has SP5 on it but not SP6. The link to the file on that page is:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/downloads/BusinessObjects/cr2008_sp5_redist.zip

And I tried changing it to:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/downloads/BusinessObjects/cr2008_sp6_redist.zip

But both of those links ask me for a user name and password and my SAP Community Network credentials do not work.

How can I download the files I need?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, that upload was faster than I thought. The link is here:

https://share.sap.com/I818592/MyAttachments/62cbd381-3903-4c21-87d5-a825d7ea60d4/

It will be valid until October 14, 2013.

- Ludek

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

I need SP6 for crystal report 2008.

Is it possible to post again a working link please?

Regards

Jean Yves Hanssens

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, not anymore. Please see my post from July 18 here:

With apologies,

- Ludek

jonathan_mason
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ludek,

I managed to get the SDK/runtime SP7 CRRuntime_12_7_mlb.msi.

As the Crystal Reports 2008 downloads were not visible using my SAP user ID because our licence did not include support or maintenance, I followed the steps below:

1) Rang up SAP support and raised an incident verbally, which also required a follow up email to support.emea@sap.com (our licence did not allow us to raise one using the SAP Support Portal). This resulted in a response letting us know that our licence did not come with any support or maintenance.
2) I then rang up SAP support again and simultaneously replied to the person who'd emailed me back about our licence, asking how we could buy a licence to access the Crystal Reports 2008 downloads.
3) The lady who'd told us about our licence then contacted a telesales person, who emailed me directly with a link to the file via a SAP box.

Jon

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed downloaded Crystal Reports 2008 SP6 on Win Server 2012 OS environment.

Firstly it is asking for license key, this indicates it is update for development environment. This is not for runtime redistributable MSI.

Document in this link http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-42222

says Crystal reports 2008 SP6 supports Windows Server 2012

But even after installing with key, issue (blank page is displayed using Web application in Win Server 2012) is not resolved in Web application on Win Server 2012 environment.

But export at runtime using Crystal Reports 2008 object works fine without updating SP6.

Before I had Crystal Reports 2008 SP4 runtime redistributable which works fine in all Operating Sytems (Win XP / 2003, Windows 7), but in Windows Server 2012 it does not work. I am using Crystal Report viewer to display reports designed using Crystal reports.

Thanks

Jagannath

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Confusing, but I assume you were able to install SP 6 successfully - did you check to make sure (Help | About - version should say 12.6.x).

Re. blank page. Use the search box at the top right corner. The search string 'blank page crystal net' will bring up a number of hits, see if any of those help. For more help on this blank page issue, please create a new discussion as this discussion is about downloads of SP 6 and as per the SCN Rules of Engagement; one topic per post...

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any chance we could get another active link for the CR2008 SP6 download?  Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please list the links for CRRuntime_12_6_mlb.msi again or the latest version. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek

Thank you for the Link.  However it only included msm files I need the msi file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Could you please (again ...) repost links to CR 2008 SP6 redist ? Thanks.

Yann

jonathan_mason
Participant
0 Kudos

Ludek,

Please would you be able to setup a link for the latest Crystal Reports 2008 V1 Runtime MSI for me?

Our current  runtime is CRRuntime_12_4_mlb.msi (SP4), but I would like to download the latest one, which I think may be SP6 or SP7.

Thanks

Jon

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please see my post from July 18 here:

- Ludek

jonathan_mason
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Ludek,

There is a link in that post "http://service.sap.com/sap/bc/bsp/spn/bobj_download/main.htm" from which I can get the merge modules for the SP7 runtime "CRMERGEMOD07_0-10007442.ZIP", but not the .MSI that I'm really looking for.

If I were to deploy the merge modules for an English speaking product would I just include the CRRuntime_12_7.msm and CRRuntime_12_7_maps.msm merge modules?

Thanks

Jon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!  I also need the sp6 runtime, but unfortunately I was a couple of days too late to get te download from the link that you had mentioned before.  Is it possible that you could put it up somewhere again?

Thanks, Chick Green

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much!

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

NP

And apologies to everyone for this downloads fiasco. If you find that the links provided here expired, please let me know and I'll provide new links.

- Ludek

umut_kilic
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mr Uher,

unfortunately same again. not a valid archive!

IS it possible to re pack the merge modules with english modules only like

crruntime_12_6.msm

no problem with MSI archive!

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could (again) make CR2008 SP6 available for download? Also Runtime SP6, please.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you!

carloscrespo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ludek,

Just a quick "Thank You" for the download links.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

NP . Wish it did not have to be like this. Maybe one day, the powers that be will see the light...

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can get the link for CR 2008 sp6? I hit a "Forbidden" error when I try the links you have provided.

Thank you,

Umut

former_member183750
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

This is SP 6.2. I need SP 6 to be able to install this.

Thank you for your prompt response,

Umut

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't have a link to 6.0 at this time. Please contact sales at 866-681-3435, see if they can help. I'll see if I can upload SP 6 sometime later this week.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, thank you, Ludek

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure if you were able to get SP 6 from sales, but here is a link to it:

https://share.sap.com/a:328ro3/MyAttachments/91092bca-cd1d-4772-b276-c6cc6dd73ee9/

This is a full build of CR 2008 SP 6 and will be available from the above link until February 14, 2014.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ludek,
I tried to install this version, but it seems to be the incremental build, not the full build.  I get a message saying "Crystal Reports 2008 SP6 Update can not install because the version of the product on the system is too low."

Jesse.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply Ludek!  That version worked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've got SP7 but cannot install!

are you able to supply SP6 and SP5?

or the full installer for SP6 or SP7?

i need SP6+ to test on win2012

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Theoretically, not anymore - but check your email...

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there also a link to the release notes?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yup. Go to help.sap.com.

Select Analytics - All Products -> English. For product select BusinessObjects Enterprise and for release select BusinessObjects XI3.1 Service pack 6. The doc "BusinessObjects XI3.1 Service pack 6 release notes is what you are after. This has release notes for both CR and BOE. release notes for just CR stopped being done in SP 3.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks! Would have never thought to look there. SAP BusinessObjects XI 3.1 Service Pack 6 Release Notes requires an SAP Service Marketplace login though, and I don't have one

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I understand. It's something I've been working on / pushing, amongst many other things regarding "volume" products for a long, long time. So far the mountain ain't moving though...

Have a great day,

- Ludek

umut_kilic
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for all of your efforts for supporting CR with success..

Could you please send us link for merge modules for sp6.

Best Regards..

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Merge modules are at the following link:

https://share.sap.com/I818592/MyAttachments/76a59b0d-cb10-45dd-ac46-e1c690a7f590/

They will be available at the above link until November 6, 2013.

- Ludek

umut_kilic
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello & Thank You,

I'm using crystal reports since last century    You are the only person I know especially with SAP that support it from the heart.

Something wrong with the merge module (sp6) archive. I cannot open it. I tried four times with different pc's.

with my best wishes to you.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

, darn. Let me re-upload the msm and get you a new link.

- Ludek

former_member183750
Active Contributor
umut_kilic
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mr Uher.

I'm sorry same again.

" Cannot open file: it does not appear to be valid archive"

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yup. The original was re-opened:

ADAPT01705270

Oh., BTW. Turns out my estimate for SP 8 was optimistic as the SP is now targeted for end of February and may slip to end of March...

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hm.  Does that mean SP 7 has been released?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks so much Ludek. I voted on the post you sent me the link to and also posted a comment.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Perfect. I really appreciate the vote. I think that's all we have left now to get this download "stuff" resolved...

Have a great weekend,

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could I have a link to the release notes as well? Or is this installed somewhere on the system when installing the service pack?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In a nut shell, unless you have access to the SAP Service Market Place you can't. However, I will post a link for you in a bit where you will be able to get the SP 6 runtime (the ftp upload is in process right now - I'll just move on to the next customer in the meantime).

In turn I would like to ask for your help; Go to this link:

http://bit.ly/XZQcpE

and please vote up the idea...

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces