cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syntax for entering values "contains pattern"

wmarcy
Contributor

Hi,

Reading the SAP BusinessObjects Analysis, edition for Microsoft Office User's Guide on page 82/83 I can see that user can filter values user "contains pattern" with an extra-information "*You can not use these syntax rules for filtering."

We can filter datas with pattern into SAP BW, so users want to have same functionnality with AfOffice (and they don't understand why we can do this before and not in the nex BI tool whereas it's included in User Guide).

Does it exist a workaround or any information about a release of this capability ?

Environment : Analysis for Office 1.4.2

Thanks for your support,

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

wmarcy
Contributor

Hi everyone,

Here is the solution gived by SAP with the SAP Note (not released for the moment) No. 1920589 :

To activate this feature, please set the registry key (regedit) SAP (in LOCAL_MACHINE Area)               

->AdvancedAnalysis -> Settings -> Variable -> ContainsPattern to true.  

The operators in the prompt screen will be enhanced by "CP" and "!CP".  

Please use the asterisk * for an arbitrary set of characters.

The correction will be delivered by a SAP BusinessObjects Analysis,edition for Microsoft Office Support Package. In section "SP Patch Level" you can find information which Support Package contains the respective correction.

Time is hope !

Regards,

james_batchelor2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Looking at 1.4 SP5... registry setting not there.  So can I assume CP still is available?

thanks

jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James, yes it is still not available
I tried selecting with * on a Text via VBA "SAPSetFilter" and "SAPSetVariable" last week.

Both not working! (AO 1.4.5)

Or are we supposed to create this Registry entry by ourselves?

AdvancedAnalysis -> Settings -> Variable -> ContainsPattern = true

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

james_batchelor2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

On a hunch..

I added the registry keys referred in this thread.. and well.. there is now CP and !CP  as operators in the prompt.   It does seem to work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Really? This was just a guess 🙂 ... then I'll try it, too.

james_batchelor2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sometimes documented settings are not in places where they are noted to be...  Some are XML files buried in Windows File system...some are in Registry... I wasn't expecting it work even if added..I would have assumed it would be there if it were a feature.

torsten_wirth
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello James,

Which Version of AO have you used?

I tried with the current AO version and a variable of type "select option" and it did not work.

I have added a screenshot of the registry settings. And another one from the selection screen in AO.

I have used the variable 0TCTCUBS for this test based on Cube 0TCTIFCUBE.

Torsten

james_batchelor2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am on 1.4.5.2826

torsten_wirth
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply. It does not work for me. Not with 1.4.5 and not with 1.4.6.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Torsten,

I can tell you that it works already with 1.4.5.

Which type is your variable? Selection-Option?

Maybe you test it with different types of variables.

Regards, Martin

PS: Registry looks correct.

torsten_wirth
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Martin

I think select option should work because this is including all options for selection. According to the SAP note this should only work data type pattern. I made the test with BEx Analyzer where it works without problems with my sample query.

Thanks for checking the registry setting.

Regards,

Torsten

torsten_wirth
Participant
0 Kudos

If I don't try it with HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE but instead with HKEY_CURRENT_USER it is working.

david_stocker
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi William,

The note has not been released yet, but we're adding this in it will likely be either the next SP, or the one afterwards.  You'll need to set a registry key for it.

Cheers,

Dave

wmarcy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for information.

Regards,

former_member131154
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked doku of 1.4.3 and the limitation is still in there. So it will be coming with one of the next ones hopefully.

Dirk