I have setup BPMon for Solman 7.1.
When I try to create the BPMon Setup report from the BPMon set up screen I get the error "ST-SER not current enough"
The Solution manager was recently upgraded and the ST-SER was also updated with it. The current level is 17 and the latest one available is 19.
But that does not seem to be the problem because for other solutions the BPMon Setup Report is working.
What can be the probable reason?
I updated the ST-SER to 19 and now its working. But in another solman it is working for all the solutions but not for one. I had downloaded the template solution from service.marketplace and uploaded that in my solman. It is giving the same error "ST-SER" not current enough whereas for all the other solutions in the same Solman it works.
Also when I click on it, it takes me to the older version of BPMon setup- the one in 7.0. and all the monitors which I had setup are not reflected in that. I can only see the process structure and everything else is in initial stage.
My purpose is to get a report of all the configuration settings which I have made for all the monitors, like thresholds, monitoring schedule etc. and since the BPMon Setup Report which opens is in initial stage and I need to again add all the monitors which makes no sense.
Let me confirm. Do you have a issue only 1 solution ?
And that is built by some template ?
if it is so, I suspect the possibility of your solman and template.
Do you use SolMan 7.1 more than SP5 release ?
If the template is made under the SP5, the issue might occur due to structure difference between SP5 under and above...
BPMon Setup complete renewal after SolMan 71. SP5. So if the configuration is build before SP5, you need to conduct conversion to fit new structure. I assume it also apply the solution that is made from template.
SAP note 1795945 explain the conversion procedure. If you solman already has the note that is mentioned in note 1795945, program R_AGS_BPM_SOLUTION_MIGRATION can convert the solution to new structure.
If my assumption is correct, I guess your problem solution become ok result of the conversion.
Can you check this possibility.
I believe that is the problem as the template was of 7.1 but lower than SP5. I'll try to run the report and convert the solution.
Also want to know about the "Business Process Monitoring Setup Report". When I open it , it just takes me to the old BPMon setup, the one which used to appear before 7.1 SP05. with all the nodes empty, I mean without the details of the application monitors i setup.
I want to generate the report so that at a glance I can know what configuration has been done in all the different monitors.
After the SP5, setup report bit changed. You need to select your business process and target application monitor in the node. otherwise it is empty (before, you only need to press generate word button in the setup session). But now you have to select the business process, step, object 1 by 1 in new setup reporet genertion screen.
Hope this information help you.