cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when trying to complete/forward work item

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are running GRAC SP10. We are having issues when try to administer access request. We get several different errors when we try to either submit the request or forward it like below as an admin.

Error when trying to complete/forward work item 000000073833

Request approval failed; error in MSMP approval method

Error when reading data of the MSMP work item 000000000000

Request reroute failed; error in MSMP reroute method

The request go through fine when we don't try to use the administration feature. I compared our PROD, QAand DEV systems msmp workflow and BRF+ rules and they exactly identical and this issue only exist in our PROD system. In DEV and QA we can do any type of administration we need too.

To recreate this - I log into End User logon using a test user. Submit a request. Then I log into NWBC with my account(administrator) go to access request admin. Find the request and try to either return to path, cancel or submit. Then we get the errors.

Does anyone have any idea's on what we can check?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

jonathan_yim
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found that the issue could sometimes be related to the user id.

the user id has to be dialog.

If it still failed, try debugging the program. Do a ST01 trace and then from the log, check for something that starts with CL...that typically is the program and then put a stop there. Sometimes you get lucky.

I found out thru the debugging that error message that appeared in the ARM is not what it seems.

When the error hits the code, the program continues and by the time the ARM front screen appears, the original error does not get populated. It sometimes does not get into SLG1 either. That is why we see the MSMP error message.

Hope this helps.

JY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem, but the note not resolved my problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eduardo,

Did you add authorizations for transaction code SWIA?  That is what resolved the issue that we were facing.

Regards,

Phil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eduardo,

Did you add authorizations for transaction code SWIA?  That is what resolved the issue that we were facing.

Regards,

Phil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eduardo,

Regards,

Phil

santosh_krishnan2
Participant
0 Kudos

I found this note on service marketplace.

It addresses this issue.

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Doing well. Thanks. Hope the same is true for you.  2026779 is the correct note. And, as Alessandro stated, adding the auths. for SWIA resolved the issue we were facing.

Best regards,

Phil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joshua,

Were you able to resolve this?  We are experiencing the exact same issue.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Phil

santosh_krishnan2
Participant
0 Kudos

Howdy Philip, I hope you're doing well, been a while.  I hit this issue and there's a few things about it which might be interesting.

1. The workflow works in some cases

2. In certain cases (still working on identifying them), I get the error being discussed

3. SLG1 shows an auth failure on GRAC_ACTN, which I'm not buying because that auth is only for the HOLD button in the other actions drop down

The task in the workflow config has been set to a General task.

Any updates on this?

Thanks,

Santosh

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Santosh,

I had similar issue and could fix with tracing authorization. In our case authorization for SWIA was missing (the error appeared when an administrator wanted to administrate the request).

Could you fix the issue?

Regards,

ALessandro

0 Kudos

Hello Joshua,

Probably it is authorization issue. We had similar problem. We added to the role PLOG and S_WF_WI authorization object and the problem was resolved.

Please check Trace Analysis.

You could do a quick test on security by assigning your User SAP_ALL.

Kind regards,

Karolina

0 Kudos

Please check SLG1 log, if its an authorization issue, you will get the object and filed values which are missing