SAP for Aerospace and Defense Discussions
Gear up for conversations about next-gen tech and optimization strategies used by leading aerospace and defense players. Join a discussion today.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPD - CJI3 cost tracking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

We think seriously about deploying GPD and we are working intensely on testing the solution. So far, we resolved all issues we encountered.

However, when it's time to analyze the distribution costs, we're used to work with CJI3 for ultimately bill our customers. We had already added standard fields such as the Vendor's name, doc no. for GR / IR, etc. ... fields, which with GPD solution, are no more populated. Someone else encountered this problem? Do you have a possible solution for me? Or do you use another transaction?
Thank you in advance!

isabelle

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

thomas_pohl
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Isabelle

my name is Thomas Pohl and I am with SAP and managing this space for A&D. My colleague from Solution Management has provided me with the following answer to your question posted yesterday. Hope the response helps you to solve the problem - if not, please come back to this space and let us know:

" The info the customer is looking is not seeing the data on the Project WBS Element when running CJI3 is because there is now Group WBS Element postings before going to the Project WBS Elements.  GPD post at a summary level of the PO Item (and prod Order) by Cost Element.  If the customer ran CJI3 by Group WBS Element, they will see the data in these fields (vendor, GR/IR document Doc number, etc.)
but won’t see them when run by Project WBS Element.

If this information is used for validation or reference, a query report (tcode SQ00 from SQ02 & SQ01) can be created by joining tables COEP, COBK, EKPO, EKKO & LFA1 (vendor number)  run by PO Item the detail data like GR/IR Doc number and the Vendor Number/Name/address."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

thomas_pohl
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Isabelle

my name is Thomas Pohl and I am with SAP and managing this space for A&D. My colleague from Solution Management has provided me with the following answer to your question posted yesterday. Hope the response helps you to solve the problem - if not, please come back to this space and let us know:

" The info the customer is looking is not seeing the data on the Project WBS Element when running CJI3 is because there is now Group WBS Element postings before going to the Project WBS Elements.  GPD post at a summary level of the PO Item (and prod Order) by Cost Element.  If the customer ran CJI3 by Group WBS Element, they will see the data in these fields (vendor, GR/IR document Doc number, etc.)
but won’t see them when run by Project WBS Element.

If this information is used for validation or reference, a query report (tcode SQ00 from SQ02 & SQ01) can be created by joining tables COEP, COBK, EKPO, EKKO & LFA1 (vendor number)  run by PO Item the detail data like GR/IR Doc number and the Vendor Number/Name/address."

hank_schrandt
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Isabelle,

My name is Hank Schrandt and I am the SAP Product Owner for the Aerospace & Defense software.  When I was a consultant not too long ago, I recognized the need to have "Item" level data at the Project Level  that are on the original cost postings to the PO Items and Production Orders stored on the COEP cost table.

The problem as Thomas Pohl mentioned is that GPD Distributes costs using the PEG_TASS table data to map to which projects the costs belongs to at a summary level.

SAP is developing a supplementary report to provide this data (Vendor number, Material Number, Original CO Document Number and posting row, Original posting date & original doc date, created by ID#, personnel number, operation number on production order, the entire pegging record related to the costs, etc...)  CJI3 will not show this info.  This requires capturing a copy of the GPD pegging data (PEG_TASS table) after each "Full" GPD Distribution run. or for the last GPD Distribution Run prior to Billing where it makes sense for your business process.

This design is intended for ECC SoH platforms because of the large amount of data.  This could [possible be done in "ECC not on SoH" if the copies of GPD Pegging has an archiving strategy to keep this new table to a manageable size.

This solution should be available sometime around the end of 2014.