cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to sup server in javascript using methods generated from javascript api

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to build an hybrid app - SUP is the middleware, platform to be supported is ios and android.

Have referred few links related to rest api and in infocenter also.

And planning to create HTML5 part using kendo mobile framework and dont want to use any hybrid web container.

Started by generating javascript apis and am trying to connect to sup server using the methods in hwc-api.js

Below code specifies the code am using for connecting to server

var connectionSettings = new hwc.ConnectionSettings( hwc.REGISTRATION_METHOD_MANUAL,

"111.111.111.11",

"defUser",

"HTTP",

"defUser1",

"/" );

// Use the ConnectionSettings object we just created to set the connection settings.

hwc.saveSettings( connectionSettings );

hwc.connectToServer();

hwc.startClient();

Using IntelXDK on testing the connection part of code, its returning true for android and false for ios.

I am new to this SUP technology.

Please let me know how to proceed further.

Is there any step by step tutorial of installation of tools required and development, deployment.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member228049
Participant
0 Kudos

What version of  SMP ( Sap Mobile Platform ) you are going to use ? if it's  2.x ,  HWC ( Hybrid Web Container) is required.

Here is for 2.2 documentation and tutorial http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.pubs.docset-SUP-2.2.4/doc/h...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You.

We will use 2.2 version.

Please let me know that is it possible to develop the hybrid app without using SUP's hybrid app design.

former_member228049
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, I think you can develop your own hybrid app without using sup' hybrid app designer(HWD). but you need hybrid app container ( HWC ) , After developed your own app, you need to use sup hybrid app package tool to package your app and then use SCC (Sap Control Center) to deploy your app and assign to application connection.

Please look at the following links to see if this is what you want.

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01853.0222/doc/html/vhu13...

and

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01853.0222/doc/html/vhu13...

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Meinrad
Participant
0 Kudos

Just a thought...

HWC might not be the right point to start with. What about REST API, create a Web-App and use Cordova / PhoneGap to turn it into an app.

Kind regards

Meinrad