Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP JAm on Android

fred_verheul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've installed the Successfactors app on my Android device but when I try to start the app I first have to activate it. Since I'm not using it in a company setting, I opted for the other way (instead of waiting for an email with activation link).

So I was instructed to go to SAP Jam, and go to Account --> Mobile setup and enter an activation code.

My problem: on SAP Jam (cubetree...) I can navigate to Account, but there I only have the options Email, Language and Trash. I'm logging on to my 'extranet' account, which is what I want to use the Android app for.

So: is there a way to use this app?

Thanks...

Fred

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

georgk
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Fred,

the SF app is not enabled for "external users". However, there will be an app coming with the 1411 release of SAP Jam which will also give external users access to SAP Jam.

BR, Georg

fred_verheul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing the good news! 1411 release sounds like it should be due in Nov?! I'll try again shortly...

BR, Fred

markteichmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Fred,

Don't know what account you use but I can access the Mentors group using the SF app already. No clue if this is extranet or not. But I guess I can't use the Jam groups for Partners also in the app.

fred_verheul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for nudging me again, that did it .

I just installed it again, and now I also have the Mobile Setup link under Account. Finally inside Jam!

Thanks, Fred

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are looking in the rigth place, but for you to see the Mobile options, the SSFF admin must enable this for you profile.

gpohansen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Fred, I recently experience the same problem on my Android. Did you find a solution ?

Regards

Werner

fred_verheul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, nothing yet. Not sure it will ever be solved. In my account settings (on the website, using my browser from my laptop) I still don't have the option to tweak my mobile settings.

And it's not a good sign that after more than 4 months no one of the SAP Jam team has even tried to provide an answer or at least an explanation.

I'm sorry...

Fred

gpohansen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks, I try to find out by our SF Support Partner because ours is a SAP JAM Enterprise Version.
I will keep you in the loop for any news.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I get mobile setup for my non-SAP Jam account but not for my SAP extranet account. And once the mobile app is set up for my non-SAP account that doesn't allow me to access the groups on my SAP extranet account. I guess that makes sense, but it is certainly inconvenient in this case.

If only I could move all my groups to my external account, but I don't know a way to do that...

gpohansen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Steve, same or similar problem on my Android? Did you find a solution anyway ?

Regards

Werner

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, nothing new from me, sadly. I've given up...

Steve.