cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obtaining IPS - where can I download IPS from?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I recently completed SAP Data Services and SAP Information Steward training.

The instructors both recommended that if I wanted to run Data Services or Information Steward without installing the full BI4 platform, I should download and install "IPS" first.

I have searched the SAP Support Portal (software downloads) for "IPS" but I can't find a component to download.  I have searched SCN and found a great article on how to install IPS, but not where to find the installer.

Can anybody please direct me to where I can obtain IPS?

Thanks and Regards,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

OK I have found the answer to my own question - through a little Google searching for "IPS" and "install".  The results let me know that I needed to

1) Go to the SAP Service Marketplace

2) Instead of looking for "IPS" as a product or download, I needed to search for "Information Platform Services"

Once I did a search using the three words, a list of downloadable files was presented.  I chose this one:

INFOPLATSVCS02P_12-20007463.EXE   SBOP Information Platform Services 4.0 SP02 Patch 12
Support Package SBOP INFORMATION PLAT SVCS 4.0 Windows on x64 64bit

Downloading it now...

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

No folks, when I tried to install I found out that what I downloaded was in fact a PATCH, not the installer for Information Platform Services...

I have gone back to the Service Marketplace but no matter how many times I search, I can't find the installer.  I can't recall doing anything special yesterday, but today my searches don't get me what I need.

I am stuck!

I would really appreciate it if anyone can point me to where I find and download the installer for IPS for Windows 64-bit

Michael

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Please see the below Screen Shots for IPS Download Path from SAP Market Place

For Windows:

Installations and Upgrades - D" SAP DATA SERVICES" SAP DATA SERVICES 4.1

For LINUX:

Installations and Upgrades - D" SAP DATA SERVICES" SAP DATA SERVICES 4.1

Thanks,

Daya

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I think I have found where the installers are.  Follow these step-by-step instructions:

• Login in to the SAP Support Portal
  • Click on the "Software Downloads" horizontal menu
  • Click on the "SAP Software Download Centre" in the horizontal sub-menu
  • Click on the "A-Z index" in the vertical menu
  • On the main window, click on the "Support Packages and Patches" tab
  • Click on the letter "D" in the alphabet ribbon
  • Click on "SAP Data Services 4.1"
  • Click on "SBOP INFORMATION PLAT SVCS 4.0"
  • Click on the version for your operating system (i.e. Windows on x64 64bit).
  • Scroll down and review the files you are able to download.  Put a checkmark next to those you want.
  • Click on the "Add to Download Basket" button to add the files to your basket.

At this stage I am presuming that the file "SBOP Information Platform Services 4.0 SP07" contains not only Service Pack 7, but the full installer plus all service packs up to 7.

I will find out after downloading and attempting to install I guess!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daya,

Thank You so much.I can locate the files now.

Question: There are many Service Packs available... Can I just download a service pack (i.e. SP07) file, and be confident it contains the full IPS installer?

I am happy to download patches for a Service Pack, I just want to ensure I can install base product before patches.

Thanks, I appreciate your help.

Michael

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please download the latest Software from SAP Market Place.

Thanks,

Daya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

You would need to  download and instalI INFORMATION PLAT SVCS 4.0 SP04 first and then apply SP07.

Please note that you must check the compatibilty list with Data Services first before going to IPS SP7 http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1740516

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK I discovered an error in my instructions above!  Another mistake I will make only once...

Instead of clicking on "Support Packages and Patches", I need to click on "Installations and Upgrades"

Only then do I get access to the full and proper installer for IPS 4.0 SP04.

The IPS Installer is named "SBOP INFORMATION PLAT SVCS 4.0 SP04 WINDOWS (64B)" and the download file is "51043633.ZIP"

Cheers,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for listing your steps....

As always, it is tough to find Software on SAP downloads, and this simplifies the process.

Answers (0)