cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOBJ 4.1 SP1 IDT connection to repository fails

abdussamad_peera
Participant
0 Kudos

I just installed BOBJ 4.1 SP 1 and all is working well.  I can logon to CMC and BILaunchapd and create a webi doc using eFashion universe.

But when I use IDT to create a new session to the repository it cannot find the server;

I use;

System: dc1wpbo04.peny.dev:6400 (I have also tried @clustername)

User: user1

Password: pwd

Authentication: Enterprise

I have added my IP and Hostname to c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file.  I know that my server is up - I can logon to CMC.

this is the error I get:

Error:
Failed to log on host "dc1wpbo04.peny.dev:6400", user "apeera", Could not reach CMS 'dc1wpbo04.peny.dev:6400'. Specify the correct host and port and check for network issues. (FWM 20030)

Cause of Error
Could not reach CMS 'dc1wpbo04.peny.dev:6400'. Specify the correct host and port and check for network issues. (FWM 20030)

Has anyone been able to connect to CMS using IDT?  I know IDT in 4.0 works fine on another machine.

Thanks

Abdul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I too have the same issue. I worked with Network/Firewall team. The network team tracked the specific port requested from IP address and enabled that particular port. But when I closed the tool and opened the tool and tried to connect it again, it gave the same error mentioned. This time a new request has gone to a different port. Is there a way, where we can define a range of ports so that, every time I open the IDT tool, the request is sent to a set or range of ports, so that I can work with network/firewall team and define the range of ports?

former_member245931
Participant
0 Kudos

Even i had the same issue.. once i disabled my system firewalls it works fine for me

former_member245931
Participant
0 Kudos

Has this issue been resolved for you?

I am also facing the same issue while login to IDT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Zhang mentioned ...

Try pinging the server and if it works ..

Try connecting to the CMS name: port   directly ...  BODEVSERVERNAME:6400

former_member245931
Participant
0 Kudos

it works fine when i ping server.. And i am able to connect to server using UDT.

I am able to connect to server using IDT in other machine.

I facing issue in my laptop only. Even after reinstalling its not working for me

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same issue too.

I can't telnet or ping the server, maybe they are blocked. But I can log in CMC or BI launch pad.

I want to publish a universe to the server and then use the universe as a data source in Design Studio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You still have a firewall / anti-virus problem here. Have you ensured to check issue post disabling the antivirus / firewalls.

Once you resolve this everything would be in place.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I can do it now.

Just now we turned off another server's firewall, I checked it and turned off CMS Server now. It works!

Thank you!

zhang_jiwen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi abdussamad peera,

In my opinion,you should logon to the CMS of your BI system using hostname instead of clustername or domain name.And resolve the hostname of your BI system in your local hosts.

Please try it!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you within the same network in VPN of the severs?

Can you ping and get a response from the command. Try with the IP address of the CMS and see if you can connect it. This appears to be a issue with network rather than server.

abdussamad_peera
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, it is within the same network.  I can ping the server from my machine.  I have tried the IP address also. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you checking with a Admin id?  In not have you setup IDT application access in CMC for the id you are using?

0 Kudos

Hi,

maybe there where some Firewall changes? Check that all Firewalls between your Workstation where the IDT resides and the BI4 Server are open.

Please consider also the Windows Firewall if BI4 is installed on Windows.

Regards

-Seb.

abdussamad_peera
Participant
0 Kudos

Even with Admin ID it's the same issue.  Like you had said, it isprobably netwrok issue.  I have requested our network team to check it out.

abdussamad_peera
Participant
0 Kudos

Sebastian,

I have requested the network team to look at the issue.  Is there a way I can check from my machine to confirm it is a network issue?

Abdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you tnsping the server, instead of just ping?

abdussamad_peera
Participant
0 Kudos

why tnsping?  this is not an oracle server.  we are talking about bobj server.  anyway i tired it and it says "connection closed".  does it mean port 6400 is not open?

0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, this really looks like a port issue. Please check this with your Network team.

Regards

-Seb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please work with the Network firewall team; it could be some firewall rules in your network are causing this..

abdussamad_peera
Participant
0 Kudos

You guys were right about it being a network issue.  My network team has now opened up the port to this server but the problem has not been resolved.  I can telnet and ping to the server successfully but when I tnsping it, it says connection is closed!  Does that mean there is still a network issue even though I can telnet and the network team assures me the network path is now open.

Previously I had a BO4.0 sandbox on another machine and that machine and the new 4.1 have the same clustername @jcpdev.  So when I use the clustername for the System it tells me it is down and it gives me the IP address with it for the sandbox which is down.  Is there a possible conflict there? 

So I need help on these two issues;

How do successfully logon to BO 4.1 from IDT and how do I get rid of this reference to old sandbox machine when I use the clustername?

Abdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would not worry about TNS ping at this moment as TNS ping will not work if the TNS.ORA is not setup..  Also don't worry too much about cluster shortcut @bobjdev at this moment as that comes next...

Can you try connecting the IDT with servername CMSServerName:6400  (any one server which BOE has been installed is fine) with Administrator credential?

abdussamad_peera
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, it is not connecting even with admin rights.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you post the error message you get??  Can you double checked you are conneting to CMS app server not webserver..

What are the ports the Firewall team has opened...

abdussamad_peera
Participant
0 Kudos

This is the error I get - same as I posted earlier;

Error:
Failed to log on host "dc1wpbo04.peny.dev:6400", user "apeera", Could not reach CMS 'dc1wpbo04.peny.dev:6400'. Specify the correct host and port and check for network issues. (FWM 20030)

I am pointing to CMS server and web server.  Note that I can connect to repository thru IDT installed on the server machine.  port 6400 was opened by the team.

I just tried using UDT and get this error;

[repo_proxy 13] SessionFacade::openSessionLogon with user info has failed(Unable to log on: Could not connect to server dc1wpbo04.  Please check that the server name is correct, and that the server is running.

(hr=#0x80042a01)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you try with the CMS IP address and port. If that still do not work then there is still issue with the firewall.

It's quite likely that some  of other ports for example (49266) are also being used for creating session... Use netstat command in the command prompt to find out what are all the ports being used.. If you find some other port being used ask the firewall team to enable them as well...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you verify whether there are multiple NICs (Network adapters) in systems. Ask relevant approvals from System admin / network admin and get either of the NICs disabled.

Get an exception for firewall / antivirus on installation directory of BO client tools.

If none of the above work and as you have already updated the hosts with CMS Cluster name and server ipaddress , hostname and the workstation can telnet the cms ports of server, we would need to go for a repair.

Try to download the client software again and install this to the system.