cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing to install BO 4.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to install BO 4.1, but when installing it fails with check prerequisites.

It fails when checking on "suppressed reboot" and "windows version".

"suppressed reboot" can be solved via the registry.

Don't know how to solve "windows version", in the description it says "This product needs to be installed on a window 7 sp1 machine".

I have checked my laptop, it is on windows 7 sp1, but to be sure I download the sp1 from microsoft server. On install of sp1 it says that my machine is already on sp1.

Picture belows shows the windows version on my machine

any suggestion?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would guess the problem is that your Windows 7 is home premuim, you most likely need Pro/Enterprise version.... 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

thanks for your fast reply, but that is not the case.

I am installing the client version and also tried the xcelsius version, but both of them are failing to install due to windows version.

Furthermore, I had it installed and had it working. When my machine crashed I had to reinstall and the mentioned failure appeared.

kind regards,

James Jie

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jame,

It is possible due to your Win7 crash the system is NOT recognizing that Win7 SP1 is installed properly.  It may be some key files that BI 4.1 is looking for to proceed.    You may want to re-install Win7 SP1 again and then try to BI 4.1 w/ SP1.

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Thanks for the tip, but I already rolled back an image, but it still gives me the error.

Kind regards,

James Jie

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

0 Kudos

I was getting this on win 7 sp1 pro. What I found is the 4.1 sp4 patch 4 exe installed on my pc but when I copied the exe on to the network it became corrupted. When I then ran it on other pc's it got the prereq win 7 sp1 error even though it was win 7 sp1. After a day of trying things I re downloaded the patch and tryed again. Bingo it worked. The exe patch seems fragile but re-downloading the patch and applying has worked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

found the solution for my problem, it is a bit strange.

You need to rename the file extension to rar, unrar the file and execute the setup within the folder and VOILA, it works.

Looks like the exe file is wrongly compiled.

kind regards and thanks for all the help.

James Jie

Former Member
0 Kudos

James,

Were you trying to run it from the compressed state?  Renaming and extracting should not be necessary.  You should just double click on the .exe and it will uncompress itself and the other 3 .rar files to a folder and then you can run the setup.exe from there. Running the setup.exe from the compressed state causes many different error conditions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

The original problem I posted was regarding a client version not working on my laptop, while this is fixed with a roll back of a image, I have still the same problem with a laptop of my colleague.

I am not able to install the BO 4.1 client version on his machine.

Anybody have a solution for this?

kind regards,

James Jie

teuku_faruq
Participant
0 Kudos

James,

I think better submit support ticket to SAP. I already look into PAM (http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-41355), SAP installation guide for client from help (https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000805312013E/sbo41sp1_bip_inst_win_en.pdf) and snotes, didnt mention any specific windows 7 version for client installation.

Lastly, you might want to consider clean installation (uninstall all the related BI4 and delete the installation folder at C + clean the registry), then try to install again. I had different installation case last time and after days of troubleshoot without any clue, finally I did clean installation and it works.

Sorry for not being helpful enough. Good luck!

Cheers,

Faruq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys, when now attempting to install Patch 1 for 4.1, I am getting the same error despite doing the same checks as before. Is there an additional file that needs changing for Patch 1?

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you've followed the unsupported modification  above, it might make working with Support tricky..

Anyway, running BIP server platform on a Laptop makes no sense at all.. you won't be satisfying the minimum memory requirements for example.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

In my case, it wasn't the server platform but the client that was having this problem.

James Jie

teuku_faruq
Participant
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Taking these steps, it worked for me:

1. Manually extract files (dont run the exe) using Winrar

2. Open the file that Teuku mentions

3. Make the changes Teuku mentions AND this

<prerequisite id="getWindowsVersionPreReq 2" description="#prereq.WindowsServerVersionPreReqText#" reason="#prereq.WindowsServerVersionPreReqNotOkText#" type="error">

<action id="CompareVersion">

<arg name="maxVersion" value=""/>

<arg name="minVersion" value="5.2"/>

<arg name="VersionNeedToCompare" value="[$os.version]"/>

<arg name="Property" value="Windows2003Above"/>

<arg name="AllowedSuffix" value="Workstation"/>

</action>

<condition property="Windows2003Above" value="1"/>

</prerequisite>

4, Install as normal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Changed Server to Workstation and got resolved.

Thanks to all.

teuku_faruq
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Try to modify file "product.seed.xml" from ..\DATA_UNITS\BusinessObjectsServer_win\dunit\product.businessobjects64-4.0-core-32

At the line 1514, under Pre-Requisite section:

<prerequisite id="getWindowsVersionPreReq 2" description="#prereq.WindowsServerVersionPreReqText#" reason="#prereq.WindowsServerVersionPreReqNotOkText#" type="error">

<action id="CompareVersion">

<arg name="maxVersion" value=""/>

<arg name="minVersion" value="6.0"/>

<arg name="VersionNeedToCompare" value="[$os.version]"/>

<arg name="Property" value="Windows2008Above"/>

Change the value into "workstation".

It works for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Teuku

I have the same issue with Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. Can you provide the full path for the product_seed.xml file? I have done a full search for it and found 100s of these files on my system

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please ensure that you're running the installation by an Administrator user or a user having sufficient rights and privileges..

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Insaf