cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reports not loading on Windows 2008 R2 web server

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am developing Crystal Reports in Visual Studio 2010 with the most recent service pack available. All works great when I build and run locally but when I deploy to my web server the browser never loads the report and just keeps spinning.

The web server is on a Windows 2008 R2 machine in which I have installed both the 32 and 64 bit runtimes for Crystal Reports. I have tried multiple different settings and have had no luck.

Has anyone seen this issue before? or have any ideas that I can try to make this work?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Are you running your App Pool in 32 or 64 bit mode?

Are all of your x86/x64 dependencies available, Print Drivers, DB Clients etc.?

Try Fiddler to see if it captures anything...

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don,

We are running the application as .NET Framework 4.0 with "Enable 32-Bit Applications" set to true.

As far as I can tell all of the x86/x64 dependencies are there with nothing missing.

I installed fiddler and did a trace on the site and once the page is hit fiddler just sits there idle while the page doesn't load.

Right now I am testing with a blank report with some text and no data connections involved. Locally through Visual Studio web server it runs fine, locally on Windows 7 machine with IIS 7.5 it runs fine. Only when I deploy to the web server does it not load and display even a simple report.

I am able to get it to run on the web server but only if I disable the 32 bit application setting in IIS. The only caveat to doing this is that the application I am adding the reports to was setup with the 32-bit setting enabled.

Shouldn't I be able to get the reports to run with the 32-bit setting disabled?

Thanks,

Weston

0 Kudos

OK,

You never said what "latest version" is?

Which msi did you deploy to your WEB Server?

Since it's 32 bit then you need the 32 bit MSI.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7824

Don

Answers (0)