cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help on addrSearchDialog popup on click of To button in email from SR in IC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am working on Interaction center and from service request, i am trying to create an email. When the email creation page is opened, To, CC, Bcc buttons are present to select the addresses. These buttons are created in MailHeader.htm and onClientclick event  addrSearchDialog('<%= lv_toField_id %>','',true).

Onclick of these buttons, a popup opens up with title Address Search and has a drop down for search in as "Contact in MS Outlook", "Exchange Addresses" and "CRM Addresses" and "Contacts in MS Outlook" is default selected. 

My requirement is to make "Exchange Addresses" value as the defualt value in the dropdown. How can we manipulate this dropdown values? i found that this popup and the dropdown is created in the INCLUDE CRM_EMAIL_ADDRESS_INPUT.

Please help how to acheive this. Any help will be highly appreciated and rewarded.

Thanks

Lakshman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need a help on same popup window..

On Click on any of these buttons( To, CC, BCC), a popup opens but these popup's are showing as transparent window. Any suggestion to display it better view.

Thank You!!

Regards,

Shaik

former_member191104
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In regards to the transparent window l think this note might help you so please check your current release and apply it if it hasn't yet been applied.

2151585- Address Search popup is transparent

Best Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Many thanks for the help!!

Issue has solved by implementing SAP note # 2151585.

Regards,

Shaik

former_member191104
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Shaik,

Great am glad to hear that the issue is now resolved.

Best Regards,
David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshman,

i have same kind of requirement.. i am trying search the email ids in address search popup by clicking on search button on popup.

but i am getting any result. if i try to check the technical info for this popup .. nothing is showing.

can you suggest me the process how to handle this popup to get the data.

Thanks,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any help on this,,,

Regards^

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, not sure if this is still relevant to you Lakshman; if not it can perhaps help someone else.

I solved this by copying the JavaScript

function addrSearchDialog(fieldId,searchStr,multiSelect)

from the include CRM_EMAIL_ADDRESS_INPUT into the .htm of the mail component, changing its name to addrSearchDialogZZZ and telling the 'To', 'CC' and 'BCC' buttons to execute addrSearchDialogZZZ onClientClick instead of addrSearchDialog.

In my function, addrSearchDialogZZZ, I simply told the select option for Exchange Addresses to be selected:

I changed the line

'<option value=\"OUTLOOKGALID\" id=\"OUTLOOKGALID\">'

to

'<option selected value=\"OUTLOOKGALID\" id=\"OUTLOOKGALID\">'

I hope this helps,

Patrick.

felix_lemke
Explorer
0 Kudos

sorry, this comment should be an answer of the original question... can't find an option to delete a comment

felix_lemke
Explorer
0 Kudos

This post is quite old, but I came across this topic when I had this problem myself.

There is a customizing option for those drop down options: CRM > Basic Functions > One-to-One E-Mail > Define Multipart E-Mail Option and Groupware Integration. There you can set the address search in Groupware to "None".

Hope this still helps everyone search for an solution here.