cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Connect OLAP source - BI Launch pad

Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi All

When I run some reports through BI launch pad, am getting "Cannot Connect OLAP Error" and some reports running without any error.

We are using SAP BO 4.0 SP 7 Patch 1

Kindly suggest me that what could be the problem.

Thanks
Murali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

for the first view this looks like a permission issue. Check the permissions of the OLAP Connection, where the failed Report is build off. Give the Everyone Group the "View on Demand" right. Check also for the Root folder of the OLAP Connections that the Everyone Group has the Special right "View Objects" without inheritance.

If you want to have it easier give the Everyone Group the right View on Demand on the Root Folder of the OLAP Connections.

Are you using the SSO context in the designated OLAP connection or are you working with a pre- defined User?

Thanks and Regards

-Seb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I am not much aware of the CMC side, Kindly help me how to find out the "Check the permissions of the OLAP Connection, where the failed Report is build off. Give the Everyone Group the "View on Demand" right. Check also for the Root folder of the OLAP Connections that the Everyone Group has the Special right "View Objects" without inheritance."

And also how to find SSO context in the designated OLAP connection or are you working with a pre- defined User?

I hope we are using SSO, but if you tell the steps how to find, I will check and update you.

Thanks a lot.

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting something similar, when the OLAP connection is configured to use SSO.

When the OLAP Connection is configured to use a named account, the report runs fine. As soon as I change the connection(s) for the report (as well as the common connection) to SSO, then I get the error "The viewer could not process an event. Cannot connect to the OLAP source."

The group EVERYONE has Full Access to the root folder, as well as the folder in which the connections reside.

Any ideas on how to resolve?

0 Kudos

Hi,

looks like the pre- defined user in the OLAP connection has more rights then the user when you use SSO (on BW Side).

Try to run the Query with the same user (as when you use SSO) in BEx.

Regards

-Seb.