cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max Database Manager error: -24988 SQL error...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are facing an error in our Max Database in Database Manager 7.6 (version 7.6.03.10).

Whenever we try to get access to some features (for instance clicking in some buttons like Data Area, Log Area, Backup History, etc...) in Database Manager it always show the following error:

-24988 SQL error [sql_execute SELECT DEVICENAME,READS,WRITES,WRITEPAGES FROM SYSMON_IOACCESS];-4004,Unknown table or unknown schema:SYSMON_IOACCESS

Can you help me please, how can I solve this problem!?

Thank you,

regards,

samid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Try updating the DBM GUI and see if that helps.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reagan,

Can you tell me how can I check which version has the Max Database?... sorry, I don´t have much experience in SAP Max Databases!

Because, I believe there are some requirements that must be checked before updating the DBMGUI, as it mentioned in the following link:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/maxdb-downloads

Am I right?!

Regards,

samid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the below two note.

Note 836947 - Error in the database catalog for UNICODE systems

Note 877349 - rename user => -4004, Unknown table name

When you start the Gui it tells you what version it is.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Can you tell me how can I check which version has the Max Database?

Try these commands

dbmcli -d SID -u control,password version

su - sqdsid

xinstinfo SID

You can install MaxDB DB Manager on your local machine/laptop and then connect to the database using the Control user provided you satisfy the network conditions.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reagan,

This is not a Unix/Linux OS, it´s a Windows Server 2008 (R2) x64. So, in this case how can I check which version has the Max DB?

In "Programs and Features" (in Control Panel) I see only MaxDB and also see that Database Manager 7.6.

Any tips?

regards,

samid

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This is not a Unix/Linux OS, it´s a Windows Server 2008 (R2) x64. So, in this case how can I check which version has the Max DB?

You can see the MaxDB version using the Database Manager.

You need to start the MaxDB Database Manager (if installed) and then connect to the database using that. If the database is not added then you will need to connect to the database using the ADD option.

Specify the IP address or hostname and choose add.

You need to specify the CONTROL username and password.

Once the instance is added then use the connect option in the menu bar to connect to the database.

You can see the database version under the Information section on the right hand side under "General"

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have Maxdb gui installed which you already mentioned earlier you can login in the gui and it will tell you in the information tab in the General tab ..

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reagan,

But I´m already logged on in the database SDB through the MaxDB Database Manager... I believe I´ve already found the MaxDB version:

Therefore, the version of the MaxDB is 7.8.02.26, am I correct Reagan?

The main problem here is when I click in any option in the left side menu, for instance in Data Area, when I click there it always show me the following error:

-24988 SQL error [sql_execute SELECT DEVICENAME,READS,WRITES,WRITEPAGES FROM SYSMON_IOACCESS];-4004,Unknown table or unknown schema:SYSMON_IOACCESS

And this happens in every option, like Log Area, Backup History, Parameters, etc.. etc...

Any tips?

regards,

samid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rishi Abrol,

I don´t know... but I believe I don´t have installed the MaxDB GUI... I have installed the MaxDB Database Manager which I believe are a little bit different of MaxDB GUI, am I correct? (sorry, I don´t have much experience in SAP Max Databases!). They are two different things, two distinct tools... am I right?

regards,

samid

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Therefore, the version of the MaxDB is 7.8.02.26, am I correct Reagan?

Correct

The main problem here is when I click in any option in the left side menu, for instance in Data Area, when I click there it always show me the following error:

Try with a new version of MaxDB Database Manager.

There is nothing wrong in trying.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reagan,

Try with a new version of MaxDB Database Manager.

There is nothing wrong in trying.

Ok! 🙂
Where I can find the newest versions for MaxDB Database Manager? I searched in SAP Marketplace in http://service.sap.com/swdc --> SAP MaxDB --> Database Patches --> MAXDB GUI COMPONENTS/TOOLS --> ??

Where is the MaxDB Database Manager packages?

Thank you,

regards,

samid

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reagan,

I installed the MaxDB Database Studio 7.9:

Now, when I click the Start button I see the following options:

When I start the Database Studio, it ask me for the secure storage password:

I don´t know what is the password! 😞

regards,

samid

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Database Gui and database manager are same thing.

Another thing do you know the password of the control or superdba password.

And if you have not started the install of the new Db manager please click on the below button marked in red and try to disconnect and connect it back again using the control or superdb password.

Thanks

Rishi abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The problem was solved by installing the MaxDB Database Studio 7.9.

Thank you very much for you help,

Kind regards,

samid

Answers (0)