cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delete operation for transport request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

(1) I want to delete the whole request BI7K900013, but objects are locked, I can delete locked objects one by one, but how can I delete the request all at once by single operation?

(2) when I try to delete object, it shows this object is locked, but we can continue to delete it anyway. what cases will cause objects locked in request ?

(3) I have following image for requests, does it mean release process is still going on ? how to delete those unfinished request ?

when I try to delete it, it shows as following:

(4) in request BI7K900013, I have some released task, when I try to delete this task, it failed and got following message. please tell how can I delete it?

(5) in my request BI7K900013, there are some tasks for other people, when I try to delete one of them, it failed and got following message. please tell how can I delete it?

(6)in my request BI7K900013, there are some tasks for other people, when I try to delete one of them, it failed and got following message. please tell how can I delete it?

Many Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) If u have lock object go to se03 and unlock it.  After go that transport and edit all objects delete.

2) some one modifying same obj then also locked that object.

3) Before deleting Transport Request please delete sub tasks also After you can delete TP.

thnks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

See if there is any task released in the TR then you have to manually release the Tr through SE03 it will release the tr locally and will not be imported to quality or you can change target of tr to empty and release it..

If no task is released then just unlock the objects or delete the objects and delete the TR.It wil get deleted.

Make sure you are the owner of the TR

Thank you

former_member182516
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) Goto Se03 --> "Unlock Objects" -->Enter the task and transport request --> f8. Once they are unlocked you can directly select the task and delete it.

2)Lets say your TR holds few objects and now when you try to delete the object of the TR it will pop up a message the object is locked.you can simply press ok and continue to delete. This will just unlock a particular object from TR and enables to delete it.

3) You can't delete the transport once its task and transport request if released.

Let the transport release completely. In the beginig when u release the TR you will get the "release Started" message.

once the TR is released you can revert back the changes and remigrate the same to QA.

4)Same as 3. You can't delete even the task is released.in your case you had already released the task and transport request.

5 and 6) if a Transport request holds tasks of other people, and if you want to delte them first you need to change the owner of the task.

to change the owner of the task just select that particular task and press F5.Once the owner is changed to your id, now you can delete the task from TR.

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

(1) I want to delete the whole request BI7K900013, but objects are locked, I can delete locked objects one by one, but how can I delete the request all at once by single operation?

I made an exclusive document to delete all in one shot. Please follow this link.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31394

(2) when I try to delete object, it shows this object is locked, but we can continue to delete it anyway. what cases will cause objects locked in request ?

This means, already your objects were collected under another TR. So you will have to unlock them.

(3) I have following image for requests, does it mean release process is still going on ? how to delete those unfinished request ?

You cannot abort the releasing status. Let it finish. After it releases, you cannot revert back. You can again collect them in a new TR. You can forget about already released TR.

(6)in my request BI7K900013, there are some tasks for other people, when I try to delete one of them, it failed and got following message. please tell how can I delete it?

You can change the Owner of the task to your User Id and delete them as you want. Please observe the change owner icon will be there.

Regards,

Suman

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. You can unlock object at SE03(Expert tool), once you unlocked, you can delete whole request at SE09. Try it out.

2. Due to some inconsistency while release time of transport request, if any one modifying the same object at dev it may give lock kind issue.

3. In process request may not be deleted. Once released from source system successfully then you can delete at target system from import queue , Tx - STMS_IMPORT.

4. Same 3rd ans. You can release parent task and delete at target system on

5.You can refer the suman doc which you referred. You can delete sub task at SE09. try it out

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bo,

Please see these links I hope it helpful for you.

https://scn.sap.com/thread/337570

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-25970

Regards,

Keu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

I have got answer for (2) and (6) by reference link: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31394

MGrob
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andy

You need to release the whole transport. When you go to Tx STMS in QA you can do a right click and delete it from the import queue. This way your objects don't get transported and are released again in dev.

hope that clarifies

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Martin,

All my cases are about deleting request/task/object from transport request.