cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification emails cannot be filtered

angela_sparkman
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am following several SCN communities.  When I receive an email in MS Outlook, I should be able to right click > Find Related > Messages in this Conversation to see all emails related to the same discussion thread/blog/etc.  When I perform this action for any SCN notification email, only the email I am right clicking on is returned and not the related emails. 

This works correctly for email notifications that come from our internal SAP Employee Network community at https://community.wdf.sap.corp/groups/travel-ondemand.  But it doesn't work correctly for any of the SCN communities that I am following.  It would be really helpful to have this capability with SCN emails since I am receiving 20-30 emails per day from various communities.

Thank you,

Angi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if this is an SCN issue or an Outlook matter.  The Find related function in Outlook is actually a search query and the e-mails won't appear in the results until they are indexed, which may take some time. 

In the past I've setup a rules to send all my notifications to a designated folder, which I can then sort by subject. Nowadays I subscribe to RSS feeds for spaces I want to track: each space is a different folder, which I can then again sort by subject.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi - Just following up here. I left the e-mail notifications on overnight and was able to filter for specific conversations in my inbox.  This really seems like an Outlook issue and you should check the indexing rate and settings.

angela_sparkman
Contributor
0 Kudos

My indexing is working fine.  But here is more information...  When a discussion thread is first posted, the subject in the email notification is the community - something like this:

[SCN Support] - Notification emails cannot be filtered

Then when a reply is posted, the subject in the notification email is (note that the Re: is added):

[SCN Support] - Re: Notification emails cannot be filtered

When reply #2 is added, the subject in the notification email is the same as reply #1:

[SCN Support] - Re: Notification emails cannot be filtered

In Outlook when I right click on one of the reply emails > Find Related > Messages in this conversation, reply #1 and #2 are returned but not the notification email for the original posting. 

Is it possible to remove the "Re:" from the subject of the notification emails?  The notification emails coming from the SAP Employee Network Communities exclude "re:" which is why I think the Outlook filter is working properly.

Thank you,

Angi

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes, I see this now and the behavior is not consistent:

"Re:" appears in the correct position for notifications on SCN documents and blog posts.  However, for discussions, it's appearing after the space name.  I'll open an IT ticket immediately to investigate and resolve this.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ref: MKT-195 on

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

angela_sparkman
Contributor
0 Kudos

This issue is resolved now.